Aqua Oak Cube overhaul

bathaudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've been traveling a lot with work over that past few months and unfortunately, i've had little time to care for my cube.

Last weekend I decided it was time for an overhaul and that I would document my progress. Ill be posting photos as the cube grows and as I add fish and corals over the coming months.

So the deep clean began. First of all I decided to remove my live rock and restart with reef bones. This would be seeded by the sump rock that was left over from the previous setup. I also opted to change the substrate.

When I first built the tank in April 2013, I purchased live rock off of Ebay to keep costs down, meaning it never really fitted the tank. In the past year I have also upgraded with a pair of MP40's. I also have the battery backup (which is great btw!)

So I drained the tank and took my livestock and corals back to my local fish store. The guys at Maidenhead Aquatics Reading are a great bunch and have really helped me through the learning curve.

I selected a bunch of plate and branching rock that could be glued together and tied to an egg crate base for stability.

The tank was deep cleaned and all the pumps were taken apart and cleaned.

Im also looking to upgrade my lights from my original Aquaray setup... Think i'm going to go for a Kessil A350W.

Anyway ill keep this as short as possible, so let me know your thoughts i've never had a proper thread going before!!

Cheers,

Sam

20140824_140847_resized.jpg
20140824_143844_resized.jpg
20140824_143851_resized.jpg
20140824_223221_resized.jpg
20140826_185945_resized.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back