Zesty's going cubed! 93 gallons of cubes

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I don't have very much other than some plans. That and me eyeballs watching the mail for the magical piece of paper that will let me buy everything!

upgrading from a petco 60g special! What's so special about it, it's only 12" deep! My experience with a "thin" reef, it sucks and it can be done, but it's a arrrrrgggggg.
So, the petco 60 is 48"L X 24"T X 12"D. Not drilled, eshopps HOB overflow, basic tank. But that's where that ends and this begins, someday...

Here is what I do when I'm waiting for actual equipment, sneak peek, no return line yet, no canopy yet. I also need to route these lines thru existing holes in the wall to the closet sump. So, I'm going to measure up the holes in the wall and mock all of that up. I will update when I get a chance to work on my 3D model!

I'm just so excited!
efnhDXD.png

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking awesome zesty!! I love cubes and the 93 seems like a great size! should allow you to have one heck of a spectacular tank!

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 DD on special at Best Fish. Just sayin' Matt.

Oh, I saw it!! :tongue: It's just too much on my budget for this upgrade. That starfire glass adds a bit of a premium as well, I wish I could afford it!! Plus, the other thing is, I'm not sure I would have a large enough skimmer for that much volume.

But I did stare and drool... It's nuts awesome!

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, not that this thread has died off. I have scheduled the transfer to the cube on 3/14 and boy am I nervous! So, I'm going to post some pictures!

This is my SPS rack patiently waiting for the cube.
ePpGa8U.jpg

UMelkNl.jpg

cy6JN3V.jpg

Fire Hawk Steve (as my daughter named him)
MmF6owT.jpg

RTV0Ima.jpg

More frag racks, ugh
L1ngdAf.jpg

chopsie I said I love your macro photos. I don't have the moolah for a true macro lens, so I bought some extension tubes. This was my first stab with em...
tQXOSZO.jpg

f5KgTEF.jpg

zMebLa6.jpg

JP1jFJ8.jpg

So, for my tank, it's not going to be as modeled in the first post. I found a used 93 cube being sold on my local forum with two of these Xaquas installed for a great price! (Thanks again buddy) :bigsmile:
0108152317a.jpg

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice pics! Looking forward to updates with the build.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"So, for my tank, it's not going to be as modeled in the first post. I found a used 93 cube being sold on my local forum with two of these Xaquas installed for a great price! (Thanks again buddy) "

So u picked up Shred5's cube that never got wet .

Keep us updated .

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"So, for my tank, it's not going to be as modeled in the first post. I found a used 93 cube being sold on my local forum with two of these Xaquas installed for a great price! (Thanks again buddy) "

So u picked up Shred5's cube that never got wet .

Keep us updated .

close! but it turned out to be Lonelyreef's old tank. This tank actually help water for at least 6 months. Lonely needed a shorter tank with the same footprint.

will do, KorD. thanks!

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
close! but it turned out to be Lonelyreef's old tank. This tank actually help water for at least 6 months. Lonely needed a shorter tank with the same footprint.

will do, KorD. thanks!

I am sure you will be happy with it . I get u Wisconsin cuber's confused since the tanks seem similar . LOL . Reminds me I used to get corals from a great guy named aimforever5000 but he kinda went incognito . R u familiar with him ?

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure you will be happy with it . I get u Wisconsin cuber's confused since the tanks seem similar . LOL . Reminds me I used to get corals from a great guy named aimforever5000 but he kinda went incognito . R u familiar with him ?

Haha, there are a few around!

The name sounds really familiar, I just haven't personally dealt with him.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when the time comes to move the tank.... I should bring bags to take everything nice I like during the move and tell you they did not transfer properly.. :)

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when the time comes to move the tank.... I should bring bags to take everything nice I like during the move and tell you they did not transfer properly.. :)

I'm sure there's going to be broken corals and trimmings etc... haha! I'd bring some bags and I'm sure there will be some leftovers. :wink:

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pictures are my reminder to do a proper update to this thread. :cool:

5YjOVga.jpg

I was told this is a miyagi tort

stkIDq3.jpg

LyoLJIv.jpg

SUyBTNs.jpg

buXDkXb.jpg

H0kh3zV.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

elagui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, not that this thread has died off. I have scheduled the transfer to the cube on 3/14 and boy am I nervous! So, I'm going to post some pictures!

This is my SPS rack patiently waiting for the cube.
ePpGa8U.jpg

UMelkNl.jpg

cy6JN3V.jpg

Fire Hawk Steve (as my daughter named him)
MmF6owT.jpg

RTV0Ima.jpg

More frag racks, ugh
L1ngdAf.jpg

chopsie I said I love your macro photos. I don't have the moolah for a true macro lens, so I bought some extension tubes. This was my first stab with em...
tQXOSZO.jpg

f5KgTEF.jpg

zMebLa6.jpg

JP1jFJ8.jpg

So, for my tank, it's not going to be as modeled in the first post. I found a used 93 cube being sold on my local forum with two of these Xaquas installed for a great price! (Thanks again buddy) :bigsmile:
0108152317a.jpg

what is the name of acro in 9th pic? its like purple with yellow polyps?

OP
OP
zesty

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately, I don't know. It was given to me and I love it, though. :)

Back