Juan's 60G ZEOVit Korallenzucht Mini Riff (Aquaristik Build thread).

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for checking my build thread...

I started this project last July (2014), a couple years after taking down my 700G reef and even though it has taken some time to get to this point I have tried to make the best possible ("All things considered").

The plan is to make a full ZEOVit SPS system, so here it is what I have gotten so far (Picture heavy).

The Aquarium

Reef Savvy 60 Gallon tank (24"x24"x24", 3/4" low iron, high polished Glass) H Rimless with customized sandblasted bottom perimeter, 16" Ghost over flow, Clear silicone at the front, Black silicone on the back and phantom bottom. I was actually lucky to obtain this tank after a customer cancelation, otherwise it would have been a 9 month waiting list ahead of me.

Filter Sump

Fluid Designers dual cascade splashdown central overflow with internal chamber (22"x 16"x18" acrylic).

Plumbing

Color coordinated to help with the OCD

ZEOVit Reactor

Vertex RX-Z ZEOVit reactor with all major additives (Including ZEOVit Aragonite and Automatic Elements, which are really difficult to find here in US)

Skimmer

Vertex Omega 130 (Rated for 120G)

Circulation pumps with Battery Blackup and Reef-Link

Two Eco-Tech VorTech MP10W ES with Eco-tech VorTech battery backup and Eco-Tech Reef Link

Lightning Fixture

Eco-Tech Radion 3rd Gen XR30W Pro with Fluid Designers Radion Bracket

Chiller

JBJ Arctica 1/10hp

Auto Top-Off

Tunze Osmolator

Controller

Neptune APEX Laboratory Grade

Dosing Pump

Vertex Libra main unit with stepper motor (Magnetic probe holder).

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock

About 80 Lbs of Reef Saver rock, I have already tested a tentative aquascaping options and it has been curing on a high flow dark tank since August (Water change every 12 days)

As you may have had noticed, all I'm missing is the stand... This have proven to be really challenging, at the very beginning I contracted a commercial carpenter whom not only quoted and extremely high price but asked for a 60 day delivery... A big portion of that went by only to receive a call saying that he wouldn't be able to make it. The stand is now being made by Reef Savvy's carpenter, is not the triple column I originally had in mind but a single column at 35" tall.

Hope you guys like what you see presented here, I honestly can't wait to have it up and running (I'm certain my wife would also appreciate recovering her hall way).

Thank you for reading.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude i love it man equipment choice ...this should be a sick build man def tagging along on it !!!!!

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow I would hate to see the equipment list bill! lol This should be a fantastic tank once it gets wet. Tagging along.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
second point, I have the same rock in my main display and my wrasses and anthias love to sleep in the nooks and crannies of the rock. I would also note that the rock does need to be blasted on occasion as it does accumulate a lot of detritus. Good luck Juan.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This looks like it's going to be an awesome build! Following!! :D

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the frosted lower part of the glass on the aquarium. Especially for bare bottom. What a great idea!

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm in for this one! looks like you've spared no expense. That's the exact tank I had quoted from them but couldn't take the wait so went with a different cube. Check out my build I am about the same spot as you on progress. Good luck!

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along as well. Love that bracket for your radion-I gotta get one if those. Great choice on height of the stand-I'm building a stand for my new 66 gallon build as well and my wife convinced me I should build it higher(36" is what I went with per her estimation on my tape measure,lol). I kn a thought it would be to tall but she suggested I spend so much time bending over staring at my corals that a higher stand may save my back down the road. Now that it's constructed she was totally right-I love it...I mean her-lol

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it will be a great build . I can't wait to see the wire management plan you come up with . I hope all that nice gear is setup in a nice dry enviroment and not the sump area .If I decide to get wet again I plan to keep the electronics as moisture and corrosion free as possible .Are you sure this 2 x 2 footprint is going to keep you appeased being that u came from 700 gallons ?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive equipment list.
Can't wait to see this one fill up!!!

mclayj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really impressive list of equipment. I'll be watching this closely as I have a similarly sized Reef Savvy tank arriving in April (hopefully). Any update??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back