Deep blue 60 gal cube build

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my 150dd cracked on the bottom a few weeks ago I picked up this system up to keep my corals and a few of my fish. I really enjoyed watching the process of my 150dd in a build thread so here goes with the build thread on this tank. Hope you guys enjoy! It has been a pretty fun build so far. Had to use my plumbing skills on this one since things are so tight and I really like how quiet a full siphon drain is. The return hole was 3/4" so I made that my main drain and the 1" hole for my emergency drain. I feel this is a better combination since if something were to fail on the main drain the 1 " would be better used to handle the water in case of emergency. Hope my thinking was correct. Then I just piped the return up and over the back of the tank, I was able to reuse the same one I used on the 150dd. When the 150dd failed on me I was able to all rock and some of the water so I am hoping I don't get much of a cycle. But I am sure I will get a mini cycle. Well here are some pics of progress so far. I need to get some closeups of the rock work and coral placement.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1428940447662.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428940460862.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428940487928.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428940523386.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428940554424.jpg

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last picture I had to add size difference in the 2 skimmers is kinda funny. That is irritating that it made all my pictures load sideways I will try and fix that.

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you were able to get wet so quickly! looking forward to the updates!

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That skimmer is really nice within 24hrs it was pulling the junk. The price I paid I couldn't turn it down. Plus it fits perfect in the eshopps sump.

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the Eshopps sump fit without hanging off the back? I currently have that sump and I'm thinking about buying the deep blue 60 cube but thought I would need to buy a new sump.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just fits in there it does hang out the back of this stand 1/16". The stand is made by Marineland it is not the deep blue stand. Imo the deep blue stand looks kinda flimsy compared to the Marineland which seemed much better built.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is really nice but the silicone is a little sloppy on this tank. Alot of excess silicone that I had to deal with especially on the 2 sides that I put the vynl on. Other than that it looks great and the clarity of the glass is super nice.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing new to report. Everything is a lot more stable now and new skimmer looks to be broken in already and pulling good crud.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good! :)

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good! :)
Thank you very much I just wish I had more time to put it together. Had to get things going quicker than I would prefer but with my recent tank failure I didn't have much choice.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my strip led's for under the stand and they look great. I ordered them from amazon, it was 30 led's in a strip w/self adhesive backing for on $12. Comes with remote and can change color to any color in the rainbow and very bright I will get some pics up when the tank lights come on after church this morning. Sorry for the slow updates I have been traveling a lot in the past few weeks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back