60 Gallon Cube Progress

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 60 gallon cube complete setup, tank,stand,sump which I am not going to use. an eshopps psk-75 skimmer that I will run for a little while and apollo solarblast led fixture which I am also going to run for a while till I decide on a different fixture. I am going to try to remember to update this thread to see my progress overtime so here are some pics

OP
OP
R

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I didn't like the sump the baffles are acrylic with silicone that isn't even sealed so I am scrapping that so I bought a new 20 gallon tall tank at petco dollar a gallon I couldn't go wrong for now

Got some glass cut and put in tonight

OP
OP
R

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played around with some dryrock trying to figure out an aquascape I am still working on it though and I also started to repaint the stand

njeva7105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I'm also working on a 60 cube project of my own. Custom build stand.

OP
OP
R

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright I got the stand completed, aquascape done gave the rock an acid bath which got it really clean.

OP
OP
R

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to move my 28gal biocube from the location I have the new stand so it was a little sketchy but it worked, took some water out and threw some super sliders under it to push it across the room.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
R

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright after numerous different plumbing configurations I settled on one and got the tank and sump setup and then it was time to get the rock in and tank wet.

I didn't like how far everything stuck out so I decided on flex pvc for the drain

OP
OP
R

ryanmell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so far updating this often has been a challenge to me. Alot has come along so I will get to the pics, pretty much waiting to get all the coral mounted where
I want them and let them adjust a little then I will attempt to take some pics. I have 2 fish now a yellow with black stripes damels and a chaulk bass which is a cool fish.
I got everything out of the nano-cube and dipped and mounted. And everything into the new tank just sitting on the rock work for now. I also ended up not liking the led
that came with it so after some research I bought a ocean revive T247 and am liking it so far.Cleaned up the bottom of the stand now only a couple more things to do like
get the ATO online and the canopy painted and then time to leave it alone for awhile to grow.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back