DIY 30x30x18 rimless cube!!!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha TL's doing it again my last build went belly up so I'm down grading and this is my final tank best if the best only....;) this is gonna be a cleAn kiss system no powerheads etc.... I got my mini dart for a closed loop that will provide all the necessary flow "hopefully" lighting still pending but most likely diy LEDs loving them on my current tank!!! Umm ordered all my Marco rocks and cement for the aquascape, stand will be steel with cherry wood skinned over the top of it... Ummm still a little planning but this is gonna be hottest tank yet!!!!:) my first cube!!!! Haha...

Last edited:

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait wish I could come down and learn all of your acrylic knowledge what you doing with your old Atb Diy skimmer? Pm me if you're getting rid of it!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome bro! Following along!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully get it started tomorrow plenty of pics to come..... just finished up everyone elseses"spelling?" projects now its my turn...haha..;) should be a sweet little cube... i was checking the club cube roll call and andy has that bulletproof cube, that is what made my mind up!!!!! his tank really inspired me and got me jazzed which is hard to do now a days i have been getting bored with the hobby lol.....

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got 50lbs of key largo,30lbs of shelf Rock and a bucket of mortar.... Should be a cool scape!!!! That's the part I'm most excited about haha...1smile1

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also this will be instant stocked which is even cooler i can just sit back and relax while my corals grow out....1smile1 that's a huge bonus i never had a tank i didn't have to buy stuff for or tinker with...lol

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You admitted that your last tank went belly up. I fear for you :)

I can't wait for pics. Will this be glass or acrylic?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the belly up statement refered to a build that didn't get completed lol.... I still have my current 220 just the Eco friendly 180 will not be made just to big and expensive.... Tired of being married to those big tanks I want a small cube that's set and forget...1smile1

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the drop down tank?
This is going to be sweet!! Can you post a sketch of your plans so I can submit it to the Best aquarium of all time thread?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha..... the drop was sold last year..:( ummm i have it all pictured in my head just nothing on paper lol.... the pics will arrive shortly and you will see where im coming from...;)
What happened to the drop down tank?
This is going to be sweet!! Can you post a sketch of your plans so I can submit it to the Best aquarium of all time thread?

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, can't wait to see the progress.

BTW: If you want to put together a 15x15x9 tank while you are at it I'll play the Mini-Lee role.

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allright Troylee, can't wait to see some pics with this bad boy. That's going to be my next tank.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks frank if it looks like im picturing in my head it's a future totm for sure......im just shocked that im actually excited to do this i was getting burned out personally but this has lit a fire!!!!!
Allright Troylee, can't wait to see some pics with this bad boy. That's going to be my next tank.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited for you! Can wait to see it come together. And now you are a cubey! ;)

Love it when things get exciting again. Can't wait to see the aquascape. Mainly cuz I will probably steal your ideas :bigsmile: Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back