Dave's 93g Cube

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some progression pics of my 93g cube build.

f10b05e9.jpg

b1dd888b.jpg

a8917210.jpg

fc107464.jpg

44ab62ac.jpg

b1a51073.jpg

That's it for now.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are those cubes going for nowadays? I like the stand, are you going to paint it?

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I do have lights, but have to hang them. I didn't get to that part yet. I do plan to stain the stand this weekend. I'll have it plumbed into the basement where I'll have my refugium and equipment. I got a killer deal on the tank from that fish place in Lancaster pa. It was on sale for $184.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score Dave - I have been looking around here for a decent deal myself for the same tank. Did you make the stand? I dig it!

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks FSU! Yes, I built the stand over the past two weekends. I like to take my time doing things or else I end up doing it twice...hahaha

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good Dave! That tank that is! HA!

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Here's a pic of the door with the stain on it. I think I picked a nice color choice.

7db05dbb.jpg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the color stain you picked. Question for ya - I was thinking about making a stand for this exact tank but the weight with water/rock etc is close to 1000lbs...did you have specs you followed for making the stand?? What kind of wood did you use? I am just worried about making a stand (on my own) that would be durable enough for the tank ya know. Any advice would be great.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was telling my wife last night that my next tank when we move is going to be a cube, I LOVE the way cube reed tanks look especially when they have a center overflow and you build an island of rock and coral so you can view the tank from 4 sides "5 if you count looking from above LOL"

OP
OP
S

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the stand out of 2x6, 2x4 and 3/4" plywood for the top. I finished it with tongue and groove pine and pine molding. I did not get any specific design plans for this stand. I just winged it and I'm hoping it will hold. I did add 4 more 2x4's to the inside for extra support as I felt that what I had may not have been enough. I should have used 2x6 for everything, but I had a few extra 2x4's already so I said mine as well use them up.

I like the color stain you picked. Question for ya - I was thinking about making a stand for this exact tank but the weight with water/rock etc is close to 1000lbs...did you have specs you followed for making the stand?? What kind of wood did you use? I am just worried about making a stand (on my own) that would be durable enough for the tank ya know. Any advice would be great.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 69 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back