March Meeting Announcement

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Foods

What would a Saint Patrick’s weekend meeting would be without a delicious meal?!
We will be doing a doing a nice sit down dinner and having a holiday favorite of Corned Beef and Cabbage, along with fountain beverages.
We will be asking for $5 per plate to help re-coop some of the costs as the club will be picking up most of it.
They will be serving alcoholic beverages but they are not included with the $5.

While we all love food, we have to remember that are fish and corals love a wide variety of food as well, and what better way to help get some diversity into their diets?

How about a presentation from the owner of LRS Frenzy Foods!!!

That’s right, Larry, the owner of the much talked about Reef Frenzy food will be there to speak about his company, his products and how they will benefit our reefs!!

Be sure to come dressed in your best St. Patty’s day flair!!
wink.gif

Kitchen Little Restaurant
36 Quarry Road
Mystic, CT 06355
Saturday, March 15th at 4:00pm
Dinner will immediately follow!

As we get closer to the date of the meeting we will need to get an estimated head count of people paying at the meeting
so that we can order an appropriate amount of food for the day of.
The five dollars can be paid beforehand via PayPal to [email protected]
Please include your full name and March Meeting when you make any payments through PayPal to avoid any confusion.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really looking forward to this meeting!

I should have plenty of cool LRS Gear to bring along. I'll donate a couple items to the club so we can do a drawing of some sort and spread some LRS stuff around. We have a pretty neat Powerpoint
presentation which tells the story of our humble beginnings, then moves through the benefits of our blends and the care that goes into producing them. It finishes up with a look at the use of probiotics in aquaculture and ornamental fish and the benefits. No one has thrown tomatoes at me yet during the presentation, but I'll talk fast before the St. Patrick's day drinks kick in!

See you all soon,

Larry

(My photographer stuck that beer glass in there when I wasn't looking. We do not have any at this time, sorry.)

Tshirts_zpsabc98bac.jpg

Last edited:

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't throw tomatoes on St. Patty's Day...if anything it will be green beer and cabbage! Lol, just kidding, really looking forward to this meeting

Come dressed in the best SAINT PATTY'S DAY GREEN you got!!!

Stpattyclownfish.jpg

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will also be trying to feed a variety of sea fans this food right at the meeting:) then to the raffle:)
i am thinking this will be quite interesting:)

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, just joined a few weeks ago and I am going to try to make this meeting. Will the gentleman from LFS have any reef frenzy available for purchase at the meeting? Just wondering so I know whether or not I should bring a cooler.

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, just joined a few weeks ago and I am going to try to make this meeting. Will the gentleman from LFS have any reef frenzy available for purchase at the meeting? Just wondering so I know whether or not I should bring a cooler.

Bring the cooler...you're going to need it when you win the food that we will be putting into the raffle and the sea fans that will be entered into the raffle as well!

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up some wonderful photo gorgs for the meeting
smile.gif

i will also be bringing an assortment of frags from my stock.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello CT Friends!

I am leaving soon for my flight to JFK Airport and upon arrival I am visiting a store or two before ending up at the Long Island Aquarium. I will be heading into CT on Friday-Saturday and should be swinging into Greenwich Aquaria and hopefully Exotic Fish and Coral in Milford.

Due to the travel plans and the difficulty of dealing with frozen food I cannot bring any to sell. However, I DID ship a small cooler of a few packs to donate to the club and I shipped a large box of LRS Towels, Caps and T shirts. All of these items are offered at near cost so bring some cash if you would like to support us and get an item with a cool logo showing everyone you are a SW fan.

I have put the final touches on the slideshow and I think you all will find our company store entertaining, yet also learn a few things about reef foods.

See you soon,

Larry

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 2 boxes one at 8 one at 9 this morning. For some reason I got the one with the t shirts in it first. I opened it and was like oh crap were is the food. I went back outside to make sure there wasnt another box. 5 minutes later here comes another fed ex truck with the second box. I brought all of it to kitchen little this after noon. Its all ready waiting for the meeting. I want one of the towels those are awesome

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need something to do before the meeting come to kitchen little for breakfast. Then the mystic aquarium isnt to bad

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back