January Meeting Announcement

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Can Your Reef Kill You?!â€

pixgood.jpg

We all know that the reefing hobby can be a fun, rewarding and enjoyable but….how often do we think of the dangers that can be involved? Many times we don’t realize that some of these hazards could cause a trip to the hospital!

In this month’s meeting we will discuss some of the most common dangers that involve the reefing hobby and what steps you can take to prevent them.

Afterwards we will raffle off some “Reef Safety Kits†that will include safety items such as arm length gloves, safety glasses, etc.
You MUST be present to win!

We look forward to seeing everyone at:
The Lutz Children’s Museum:
247 South Main Street
Manchester, CT 06040
Sunday January 25th 2015 at 5:00pm

photo courtesy of pixgood.com

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby, R2R, and just found out about CTARS. Is anyone welcome to join these discussions or do I have to sign up somewhere? How large is the community in CT?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you can attend a meeting free prior to joining the club. Theres usually a decent turn out at meetings, and especially if your new to the hobby very worth while. Lots of donations to raffles etc and not uncommon to win several items/frags per meeting. There are many LFS in CT that recognize CTARS members and give good discounts to us. Especially Blakes in Meriden for salt near or at cost. Others you can see on the board here in their own sections after you join. ;)

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just join. It's probably the best $20 I have ever spent on the hobby. It probably paid for itself at the first meeting. Even if just for the discounts but obviously we would like to see everyone at some of the meetings.

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan! I'll put in now. i saw on teh website i can do paypal correct? do you guys mail a card or something or do i just pick it up at the meeting. as of right now i'm pretty open and should be able to make it!

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they will be mailed if done by PayPal. You can pay at the meeting also and they will give you the card right then.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan! I'll put in now. i saw on teh website i can do paypal correct? do you guys mail a card or something or do i just pick it up at the meeting. as of right now i'm pretty open and should be able to make it!

Yes as Phil and Tigg have said you can pay via PayPal or at the meeting. There is no sign up for the meeting all are welcome.

Joining the club will give you access to the club's private forums, discounts at many CT area Fish stores, and discounts to some of CTARS sponsored events.

Hopefully you will be able to attend the meeting. They are always a good time!

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we get to learn the prompt for this topic at the meeting?

chris82079

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my brain must have been stuck on saturday...i knew it was sunday and as long as the wrestling tournament gods in killingly are on my side i will be there!

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first meeting in Manchester (2nd overall). Is there any information a newbie should know about attending? Parking? Is there signs where to go once I get there ( I get lost easy.. Lol) do people bring small coolers incase you win a frag?

Thanks!
Mike

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is parking usually more than enough. If you plan on buying trading or winning corals not a bad idea to bring a small cooler. We usually bring a little insulated lunch bag. No signs off the hiway but it is the lutz museaum should be easy to spot out with GPS. Park in back of the building we use the back door you will see people im sure.

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lutz update:

Today we will finally be adding the top to the tank!
Come join us today to learn more about the tank CTARS houses at the Lutz!!!

20150124_225322.jpg

20150124_225246.jpg

unnamed (7).jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back