Gas up the Gennys - always good to be prepared

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to whip us up into a frenzy but it may be a good time to check to be sure you have gas and that your generators are working.

we are anticipating a severe winter weather event that will begin in the early afternoon hours on Monday, January 26 and continue through the early morning hours on Wednesday January 28. Currently, A Blizzard Watch has been issued for the coastline of Connecticut from New Haven through New London Counties, all of Rhode Island and into the greater Boston area. Snowfall amounts of 8 – 24 inches have been projected.

Be safe.

Dang, had a nice graphic that I tried to put in here but it didn't work.

Last edited:

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha funny i just got done firing mine up

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, test ran mine today also. Unfortunately, I'm off to Californai on business through Thursday evening so any kind of power problems will mean having my wife deal with it which is less than ideal (she's smart, just not technically inclined). My power loss contingency plans are solid when I'm home; not so solid when I'm not.

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex fusion or echotech should capitalize on snow storms and create an aquarium specific generator that has a wireless electronic start that's controlled via apex or reeflink where u switch a toggle on your iPhone and send a signal to the electric start wirelessly on the gen that has been pre plugged to our tanks in the event of snow storms and power outages. Now that's peace of mind

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily my peace of mind is solar panels connected to a battery backup that will run the house for 3 days without sun. It came in handy once and automatically kicks on when power is lost!

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is hooked up to 2 x100 gallon propane tanks....I can go for around two weeks........best purchase ever according to the misses

BassSoLow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in an apartment so I can't have a generator. Any suggestions on how to keep my tank powered or at least keep everything alive? I only have a 25 gallon nano reef. Thanks!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
battery powered air pump, and stock up on batteries. Or just keep swooshing the water around with your hand until the power comes back on. :p

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in an apartment so I can't have a generator. Any suggestions on how to keep my tank powered or at least keep everything alive? I only have a 25 gallon nano reef. Thanks!

Look into camping battery type units with outlets that let you plug stuff into it.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

An inverter and a car battery will give you many hours of power to run a heater and a few pumps. Then when the battery runs low use your car to charge it up.

Gotta start my generator tomorrow morning and get some gas just in case....hopefully there won't be a need :)

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
battery powered air pump, and stock up on batteries. Or just keep swooshing the water around with your hand until the power comes back on. :p
Also wrap the tank in blankets to keep the temp warm for as long as it can

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, goose the heat in your house tonight so that if the power goes out it will stay warmer for longer.

OP
OP
L

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely - those winds are going to be brutal. Hopefully the last few nasty storms have taken down most of the weak ones.

ctopal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really love the automatic air pump that comes on when electricity goes out - got it from BRS,very reasonably.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like snow I'll scream it out loud. I will take 8 feet I would be okay with that

OP
OP
L

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it doesn't knock my power out!! Don't want to lose all of those nice corals I just got from you.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back