CTARS Trip to Long Island Aquarium & Behind the Scenes Tour

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lia-logo.png

Find out what goes on behind the scenes at Long Island Aquarium

Learn how they manage their enclosed ocean, feeding thousands of animals, constantly monitoring water quality, and maintaining a 120,000 gallon shark exhibit.
Also here, the ReefGen farm where we have been told we will get a small look into as well!

It will be required to either drive or take the Cross Sound Ferry over to Long Island. Please be aware that traffic can be incredibly heavy so, the ferry is usually your best option. In this situation, car-pooling is also recommended to help save in the costs. Everyone should sign up for the rewards club in order to enter promotion codes. The club will keep everyone posted in all areas of social media for the coupon codes when they are available. The website can be found here.

April 25, 2015
10:00 am
First tour begins at 11:00am

CTARS is picking up some of the cost of the ticket plus the behind the scene tour for all CTARS members

Pricing is as follows:
$12.50 - CTARS Members
$20.00 - Non-Members
Children under 2 Free

Tickets On Sale on CTARS.org

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be an awesome time! Just signed up for the Cross Ferry rewards online, it only took a minute and seems like it will help save some money

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get some more info on the ferry. I've never been to Long Island or took the ferry. So how much per car per passenger how long does it take. Any ideas on lodging nearby. Thanks. Trying to figure out what time to leave and how much the total trip would cost for 5 people.

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$55 each way for a vehicle including driver. $27 per additional passenger (same day round trip), children under 12 $6 each way. It's about a 2 hour ferry ride then another 30-45 minutes to the aquarium. No idea about lodging on Long Island.

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be required to either drive or take the Cross Sound Ferry over to Long Island. Please be aware that traffic can be incredibly heavy so, the ferry is usually your best option. In this situation, car-pooling is also recommended to help save in the costs. Everyone should sign up for the rewards club in order to enter promotion codes. The club will keep everyone posted in all areas of social media for the coupon codes when they are available. The website can be found https://www.longislandferry.com/"]here.

I signed up for the ferry free rewards and they have coupon codes to cut the price down, sometimes even in half. It worth checking out

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another dumb question where does the ferry leave out of. New haven, stamford, Bridgeport, new London ?????

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another dumb question do you stay in your vehicle while in tow or do you get out and have a place to sit or eat or drink aboard the ferry. Also if one chooses to not take the ferry can you drive all the way there instead.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where Joe Yaiullo works, correct? Never been ..... may have to do this!!

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Franky,
There's a Hyatt attached to the Aquarium, it was built not that long ago by the Aquarium owners. If you were driving, it would take you about 4 hours.

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another dumb question do you stay in your vehicle while in tow or do you get out and have a place to sit or eat or drink aboard the ferry. Also if one chooses to not take the ferry can you drive all the way there instead.

Due to regulations everyone gets out of their vehicles. There is an enclosed and heated lounge area on the ferry.

MBG75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The behind the scenes look at the aquarium is awesome, as is getting to see all the ReefGen goodies. I believe they just got a 98lb Gigas clam in the reef tank.
The Hyatt hotel is right next to the aquarium and is very nice.
There are plenty of great places to eat within walking distance.
You guys should have a great day out there.

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a deadline for this? I'm 90% sure me and the gf can make it but need a couple of weeks to know for sure.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back