Bounce Shroom Progress

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share a photo of my precious Bounce Shrooms. Much growth in the past couple months. Including a little Baby Bounce :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404878696.778773.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404878705.644995.jpg

MacKrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's sweet, where did u find the baby? Was it right underneath?

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that's awesome. I've had my wwc bounce for getn close to a year now and it was already decent size when I got it from wwc but now it's gotta be nearly 4 inches around and it still hasn't kicked down any babies
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that's awesome. I've had my wwc bounce for getn close to a year now and it was already decent size when I got it from wwc but now it's gotta be nearly 4 inches around and it still hasn't kicked down any babies image.jpg image.jpg

Beautiful. The amount of bubbles on there is ridiculous. Check out my cousins bounce. This one is 6"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404969621.685914.jpg

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lighting do you have your shrooms in? Also flow and how high in the tank? Par too if possible ! Thanks guys awesome bounces !

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rob&Gab. I have all my shrooms in a separate frag tank with all Softies and Zoas using one Kessil 360. I actually dont use any wave makers in this tank. The return pump creates enough movement (Maxi Jet 1200). I started with an MP10 but I took it out because the shrooms didnt like it very much. Some of my Rainbow Yumas are Sprouting babes all over the rocks also.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405610214.384015.jpg

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How intense is the lighting do you think? Any shrooms or zoas stretching? What kind of pay you think they have and what percent you running the lights? Your tank 8"high? How high is the light. Only asking can I might get one soon and want to no what type of lighting I should have it under.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh ok I actually run the kessils on Dusk/Dawn settings on the Apex. 10% intensity @ 11am then increased to 100% at 3pm. For the blues its starts at 10k, 15k, 20k then back down. The lights are placed 12" above the surface. I never check par i just played around with the intensity and made adjustments based on how the corals respond. They actually started started thriving really well when I switched to Redsea Pro Salt not so much the light. I think kessils are perfect for softies. Never had any problems. Even when if i kept the intensity at 60% they will be happy.

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. that thing is growing uber fast. what kind of flow and lighting do you have it in? i have mine at the bottom of my tank but its dead center under the radion and there is enough flow to lift the skirt at all times. curious to know if you have mild or medium type of flow because im considering putting it to the corner of my tank where there is less light but less flow also

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back