WWC Bounce Mushroom

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my WWC Bounce. It is covering a three inche frag disc to gave you all an idea of size. So here is the question, Does this variety of mushrooms split like others or does it have to be cut to multiply. Just trying to place it in the proper area of my rock work so it has room to thrive and not affect other corals. I have had it for about 15 months under AI Vega's.

Attachments

• 1406323434052.jpg
    1406323434052.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 3,252

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice there I recently picked up a wwc bounce myself and the og owner says his grows very quickly but i don't think he waited for natural splits he just ran it through the wetsaw I believe. The reefer I'm talking about is Dnov99. Maybe if he sees this thread he can chime in and comment on the situation. None the less your shroom looks great can u get a top down pic

OP
OP
whixley101

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first received the Bounce, it was on a one inch disc, then I glued that disc to a three inch and watched grow.

OP
OP
whixley101

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..... No rhyme or reason on reproduction? Split or growth. Anyone know the max growth potential?

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shroom ou have there. I know wwc uses the rubber band method to split theirs. Mine split when I tried to move the original piece and the part of the shroom that hung over the disk had attached to the LR and when I moved the mother a piece tore off and became a new shroom.
I've had success with using a razor blade to cut the tissue and the took a frag saw to the underside to split it.
Sorry If I'm slightly off topic as I don't know about how they splt on their own.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took mine right to the saw, but to be honest it broke my heart and I almost had a heart attack watching it shrink to nothing. All the frags healed perfectly into beautiful full mushrooms and the mother recovered very quickly and is back to its original glory. I have yet to see it pop off a natural baby although my godspawn shroom keeps attaching to my frag rack and when I rip it off the remaining tissue turns into a fully developed baby very quickly. :)

Karl Hevacheck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, Godspawns bubbles don't get as large and are more pale. The bubbles on wwc are almost compound meaning they grow bubbles on their bubbles.

Gotcha. I always thought they were the same. Do you guys feed these anything special?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back