Check out my bounce bubbles

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bounce shroom is getting huge in the corner of my tank (thanks Richie T. For advise on placement-directly under my overflow, low flow zone). My WWC bounces bubbles are growing bubbles and some of the bubbles even look like they have some small blue dots on them-it's out of control-lol.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubbles In the middle of the final picture is actually all 1 bubble with branches of fully grown bubbles in it-I can't beleive it doesn't pop of a fish hasn't been loured in to snip at it (that actually happened once during a tank feeding when the shroom was much smaller). It's about 4" around or so

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whenever you have babies of the bounce. pm me!

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a huge WWC Bounce shroom. i'm surprised that it likes low flow. When I had mine under low flow, it shrunk for a few weeks. Now that they are both under my MP10 about 6 inches below, they are loving the medium to high flow and are opened up a lot more. In fact, they are both starting to grow a lot faster.

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a huge WWC Bounce shroom. i'm surprised that it likes low flow. When I had mine under low flow, it shrunk for a few weeks. Now that they are both under my MP10 about 6 inches below, they are loving the medium to high flow and are opened up a lot more. In fact, they are both starting to grow a lot faster.

Thanks. Yea I actually used to have it in a much higher flow area (used to be more front and center in my tank) and it grew just fine and looked good but didnt seem to really open up all the way and fan out across the sand bed and never produced any babies-then I seen another guys bounce that looked big and laid flat etc and his produced a few babies for him so I asked him where he placed it and he told me he puts it off of the direct light and in a low flow area just underneath his ovefflow. So I tried that and it did open up quite a bit but still hasn't produced any babies for me-lol-doh!! It's a solid 2+ years old and no babies to this point (and I would never take a blade to it). So I guess ultimately the WWC bounce seems to be a very hardy coral and can thrive in nearly any condition...at least that's the experience I've had :) now my snipersSPS a red devil on the other hand is very sensitive to higher flow and higher lighting-it likes to be in very low light and low flow

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YA kno on second thought I actually have a mp10 and a mp40 facing eachother from opposit sides of the tank and a sp4 fluval sea return pump all on a 66gallon DT and a 30gallon ovefflow so tecnically I have a pretty high flow tank everywhere except underneath the rocks-lol. Seriously it's overkill on the flow and could probably use to cut the mp10 out all together-hell I could probably cut both the mp's out of he mix because that sp4 fluval sea it kicking off mega flow at the return nozzels (I think I calculated the flow rate at over 500+gph

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back