Fluorescent green mushroo help please

Sophie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received two mushrooms for our 220gallon tank. One green fluorescent and red. No instruction came enclosed. They look like dead sticks pruned off of a shrub. Has anybody received a mushroom like this? Where do I place it? When will it start to look like a mushroom coral? Please help picture attached.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sophie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the rock, those twigs in the sand are suppose to be the mushrooms.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those twigs are most definitely not mushrooms. That was likely the base rock the mushrooms were supposed to be attached to. Mushrooms are soft and have a foot like an anemone. That piece you have looks like long ago dead sps coral. It's branching liverock now. The mushrooms were probably attached to that I'm guessing. Are they stuck down in the sand?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull that piece out of the sand and check it all over for any signs of color. If you see any that's likely your shroom.

OP
OP
S

Sophie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No nothing seems to be attached anywhere. That is exactly what I was thinking, but being a novice I wasn't sure. Someone told us to place them in the sand and give it a week. Not sure, but guess it won't hurt to wait and see if anything appears

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought them from a business I'd question them about what was sent. If it's not visible then it's not likely one will appear.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the bigger question here is why didn't you know what you were buying? Shipped inverts and fish rarely if ever come with instructions....I would never assume that.

OP
OP
S

Sophie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input ebushrow , I knew exactly what I was buying, but still a novice and apparently not as perfect and talented as you. This site I thought was here to help not degrade.
Update business notified and mushrooms being resent.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back