15 gal acrylic build by Scuttle

PepperDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far we are currently building my friends 60 gal acrylic tank and are starting on this 15 gallon tank for me! We have also built two 4.5 gal acrylic tanks,and a sump for his..time for some pics...
8umutune.jpg
u7u7u5yp.jpg
pahuge8u.jpg
built this all tonight and learning some flame polishing
eze6uveb.jpg
yve4aqej.jpg
utyjy7us.jpg
eza7uryh.jpg
finished!! Well mostly lol
duha6uju.jpg
now I'm not sure if I should build the filtration into the tank or build a small sump for this stand. Any suggestions?!

OP
OP
PepperDeath

PepperDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok what size pump does everyone think I need for 34 inches of head height,I'm hoping maybe for a split return and with no power head..but nothing is set yet. And what brand?

reefed419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I would run a jebao DC pump. I would go with the 5000l model. I don't see what size your drains are so don't know how it drain, but that should get you a good bit of flow going in the tank. But always important to remember that your flow through your sump should be determined by the gph your skimmer pump handles.

cuzican76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is the acrylic your using . And did yall cut the pieces ur self or have then cut ...awsome build definitely following and taken notes

OP
OP
PepperDeath

PepperDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is the acrylic your using . And did yall cut the pieces ur self or have then cut ...awsome build definitely following and taken notes

3/4 on the front panel and 3/8 on everything else...yea we cut all the pieces with a diablo blade which makes very smooth cuts. And thank you!

JPG@CFI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, man. Just a side note, on your next build, don't flame polish before you apply your solvent. It will craze for sure. If you want to really go hog wild on the polish, try sanding with wet/dry from 220, 320,400,600,800 then 1000, and then use a buffing wheel on a drill motor with some rouge. That is how I do all my edges. Keep it up, J

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back