Fluval M60 media rack

frankm88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rear sump of the Fluval M60 24 gallon has 3 chambers allowing water to flow from my protein skimmer to some filter media and then to the return pump. The issue is all of the holes are on the tops of the dividers which does not allow the water to flow down through filter media. I couldn't find anything anywhere online that showed how people resolved this issue so i put the pen to paper and made a custom media rack and thought id share. Check out the youtube video below

Fluval m60 custom sump filtration - YouTubeThe left side of the rack has a piece of plexiglass to help direct the water down. The rack seems to be working well when i woke up this morning the top of the mechanical filter definitely had some debris which it grabbed out of the water. I plan on removing the bioballs on the bottom and making a small refuge. I also upgraded the return pump to a Sicce Syncra 1.5...(the return pump that came with this "all in one" system is the same tiny pump that comes with the 14 gallon model) which really improved the filtration. Since the video i removed the filter media on the left side of the rack to allow better flow.

OP
OP
frankm88

frankm88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized i can post a video right on here...

[video=youtube;l4mp-IYA_-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mp-IYA_-Y[/video]

OP
OP
frankm88

frankm88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else with this tank have a different setup in the sump? I want to add some cheato just trying to figure out how to set it up

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back