Mp40 driver extension

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching and found some info on conductor sizes and max length, but haven't seen anyone post the results after they tried them selves. I know we all hate extra wires around but it's a pain having to put drivers either under the tank or one on both sides of a 6' tank.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen other extend wires for the radions, so I assume it won't matter much with Vortechs. Give it a try, I'm sure someone will look back at your work and be greatful. My luck as it is, cords are too long. LOL

OP
OP
B

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a dry side that the wire was pulling out of the motor end. That made it easy to go color to color. I had found a post from an ecotech rep that said what size the conductors were so you could just extend one with new wire. Just have 2 splice points.

OP
OP
B

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1413977584.049245.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1413977612.522369.jpg

It's a 6' 125g. And now I can have it in the opposite end and still keep all the controllers together. Now if only I could do it with the ato. Wish there wa an option for people with bigger tanks to get equipment with extended cords.

mudbucket72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think there would be a big enough demand for something like that. Maybe just make like a extension cord for it and sell that low cost to produce and would make good profit potential

OP
OP
B

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol they all say keep controls away from damp areas and then they have the wires to short to get away from the tank

mudbucket72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yea specially if you have a larger tank. Or if you have a high tech build and want all your controllers in another area

Cresta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bow,

What size wiring did you ended up using? Just cut and solder the new extension sections?

Did you extend the power supply cable also? I'm trying to find out the power plug sizes (coaxial power connector) on the MP40 and MP20.

OP
OP
B

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't do the power side but that can be done also. I just cut the wire from the dead dry side, cut the harness from the pump I was using, spliced and shrink wrapped. As of this am no issues

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back