75 Gal Aqueon

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a new aqueon for my first reef tank. I picked up a used 75 but It isn't 100% and is pretty old. I want to just get a new one but I can't find out which one to get and know that the side panels aren't tempered. I have seen the chart that lists the 55 as the only tank with tempered sides (with the caveat that it is usually acurate). Every thread I read the poster posts the question but never follows up on the results which I take is a good thing. My other option is to get the reefready for 320 but I really want to do the beananimal drain set up. having the bottom drilled makes me a little nervous because if it leaks the entire tank will drain out. And if I can save 150 bucks by drilling it I would rather do that. I tried to look at it through polarized sunglasses and with a lap top but i couldn't tell the difference between the bottom and the sides. I do see the line/hashmarks on the back window of my car and on the bottom of the older 75.

so, has anyone drilled a 75 aqueon recently. was it tempered?

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That made me chuckle.

I have been digging some more so I think I should be safe. My LFS has one in stock so if the 2 used tanks I'm looking at tomorrow are no good I'll pick one up and I WILL post up the results.

Unless....someone may have already drilled one......I'll be here all night.

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for a fact you can drill them. Had this thread been up last week I could have taken pics for you of me doing it for a "friend". Aqueons currently has a sale giving LFS 45% off on most tanks 75 and less. You shod be able to find it for about $100.

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for a fact you can drill them. Had this thread been up last week I could have taken pics for you of me doing it for a "friend". Aqueons currently has a sale giving LFS 45% off on most tanks 75 and less. You shod be able to find it for about $100.

This is great news. I'm going to try to find out if any of my LFS are passing the savings along.

OP
OP
M

mrukus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No savings but I said u would update. It went swimmingly. All 4 holes. Little nerve racking but worked like a charm.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back