Frag glue

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will. Have to hold it for a minute. But yah. If you want more hold use the water weld epoxy. The gel super glue is just enough hold 2 stay and also be able 2 pop off if you need 2.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With zoas they always slime so try to dry them off the best you can before you try to stick them (or they'll just release)... I personally use gorilla gel superglue with the green cap. It's thick and you get a good amount for 5$. Once you start fragging regularly you can go through a lot of glue quick. It gets to be a PITA....
I also always keep a couple small tubes of the blue loctite gel super glue for use in the tank because using it in the tank normally ruins the tube of glue.

OP
OP
choppingblock

choppingblock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days In tank and not open at bottom and where acclimated. ....loctite hey

OP
OP
choppingblock

choppingblock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I have a aquareef 400 so they are at the bottom and have not opened yet . Loctite is only because of last question

JSeward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had coral respond poorly to being indirectly exposed to super glue in the water column?

I once glued a Duncan colony directly to a piece of live rock in a 28 gallon. It took a few tries and a good majority of a tube of Loctite gel glue. The usual cyanoacrylate stuff. A couple days later, every head of a softball sized candy cane colony suddenly sloughed off nearly all of its flesh. Exactly like the RTN you see in SPS. Fortunately, the heads kept their mouths and I was able to get it back good as new in a few, stressful months. Fast forward about a year, I had to glue that same Duncan back to the rocks and the candy cane colony did the exact same thing except I ended up losing most of the colony this time. It wasn't until the second time that I realized I was using glue just prior to the RTN like event. I switched to CorAffix and have been mindful of the amount of uncured glue that gets exposed to tank water at any given time. No problems since.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back