Show Off Your Custom Wood Canopies and Stands

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to dabble in the art of woodworking once in awhile, and I love browsing through threads where people have posted up pictures of their custom wood stands. I did some digging, but evidently we don't have one, so I thought I'd get one started. So lets see some pictures of those custom wooden canopies and stands.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I'll get us started;

Here's a rustic one I built for a fellow reefer out of blue pine and logs;

Some interior detail;

And the top opens all the way up;

Never have finished the doors, but here is my own out of aromatic cedar;

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wy Renegade - Those are some amazing looking stands...i love how everything matches very nicely. I have seen some really nice builds lately...cant wait to see others post up!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of the stand & canopy I built for my 180 last summer.
IMG_0982.jpg

And some progress pics from the build...
IMG_0348-2.jpg

IMG_0358-1.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0803-1.jpg

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It was originally planned envisioning a dinner show, but it's proven to come in quite handy for daily maintenance. I always need a place to put stuff down when working on the tank. I only wish I had routed out one of the drawers to flush mount a cutting board into it for fragging.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It was originally planned envisioning a dinner show, but it's proven to come in quite handy for daily maintenance. I always need a place to put stuff down when working on the tank. I only wish I had routed out one of the drawers to flush mount a cutting board into it for fragging.

I could totally envision the "All-In-One-Stand"....Fragging station on one side, table on the other, electrical area on inside, draws, hanging hooks on the inside doors for nets etc....I could see a company picking it up and selling at a premium!

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could totally envision the "All-In-One-Stand"....Fragging station on one side, table on the other, electrical area on inside, draws, hanging hooks on the inside doors for nets etc....I could see a company picking it up and selling at a premium!
I've got the DJ power strip on the side and the controller w/ outlets on the other side. There's shelves inside along with hoooks on a couple doors to hang nets. One of the doors also has a couple pieces of PVC mounted on it to to hold my turkey basters for target feeding. Maybe I should get a patent... :tongue:

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wy Renegade - Those are some amazing looking stands...i love how everything matches very nicely.

Thanks, once in a while I do get things to turn out pretty nice.

Swanny - The idea of pull out tables in the stand is a phenomal idea. You have no idea how many times i grab a chair/bucket/stool/etc to be my table when i work in my tank!! You literally can have dinner and a show too...cheap date (all things considered LOL)

Indeed, that is a phenomenal idea. I'll be incorperating that into my next build for sure.

ohhhh me like this thread i have a few to share as soon as i get time to sit down and my photobucket account works ill post them up.....;)

Hurry up Lee, I wanna see more pictures!

Swannyson 7 that pull out table idea is ingenius. Also love the maxi and mini side-by-sides.

Gondore and fishypets, nice stands, but I think we need more pictures of both set-ups.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping these . . . somebody else has to have some pictures to share!

sdsocal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job all. Makes me want to do some DIY. I think the best parts are the adaptations for Aquarium specific items and nice pull outs.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have more pics of a canopy build? I'm about to start one, and I think I know how I'm gonna do it, but need more ideas :)

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have more pics of a canopy build? I'm about to start one, and I think I know how I'm gonna do it, but need more ideas :)

+1
I am going to build a fixed canopy mounted to the ceiling so it has a built-in floor-to-ceiling look with the whole thing. Just curious if anyone has anything like that....:bigsmile:

Back