Greetings From Tri-Cities, Tennessee

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For quite some time, I have been interested in helping to bring together a local reef/aquatic club for the current and soon to become hobbyist of the local region. Everyone needs something interesting to do, especially the younger generation that has a difficult time staying out of trouble.
So, I wanted to get my feet wet and learn what was available here.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and ETRC!!!!.

At the moment we do not have any members in your area, but I do know they are out there!

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions to get the ball rolling?

Post a simple flyer in your local reef store, post adds on craigslist, facebook, and here on reef2reef. There used to be a club up that way called Tri Cities reef club. I never met anyone from the club.

jguinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of getting back into the hobby after a 20 year break... which means I'm basically re-learning everything. Slowly but surely outfitting my Innovative Marine Fusion 40 and would love to get something kicked off here in the Tri-Cities if there is enough interest. I actually came across this group while browsing some other forums, looking to perhaps catch an opportunity for a group buy on some of the equipment I still need to pick up.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of getting back into the hobby after a 20 year break... which means I'm basically re-learning everything. Slowly but surely outfitting my Innovative Marine Fusion 40 and would love to get something kicked off here in the Tri-Cities if there is enough interest. I actually came across this group while browsing some other forums, looking to perhaps catch an opportunity for a group buy on some of the equipment I still need to pick up.

Welcome back to the hobby and R2R!

Check out our Buy/Sell forum, there is a decent selection of equipment up for sale.

OP
OP
A+Aquatics

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of getting back into the hobby after a 20 year break... and would love to get something kicked off here in the Tri-Cities if there is enough interest. I actually came across this group while browsing some other forums...

This is awesome! I had little hope of something coming to fruition within the Tri-Cities.

I would like to start with a meeting to see how we might move forward. Are you interested?

OP
OP
A+Aquatics

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a simple flyer in your local reef store, post adds on craigslist, facebook, and here on reef2reef. There used to be a club up that way called Tri Cities reef club. I never met anyone from the club.

Thank you for the suggestions. I met with the Chamber of Commerce and a few authorities at a local school. I am excited and hopeful for something to happen :)

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. So are you the guy I pointed this way from Reef central (and getting my post deleted in the process)? :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

OP
OP
A+Aquatics

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. So are you the guy I pointed this way from Reef central (and getting my post deleted in the process)? :)

That is VERY possible! I'm not sure haha (so many things going on over here!)
If you were, thank you! I'm sorry about your post being deleted :-/
People need to share and make things better by working together...however, I do understand the circumstances/situation. (still not cool or professional though)

OP
OP
A+Aquatics

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck
Thank you :)
I had a successful meeting with the Senior Account Executive @ The Kingsport Chamber.
We scheduled a more in depth conversation for April 7th and I spoke with a lady at the Center for Higher Education.
I'm looking for a cool/high tech place to meet when we decide to move forward with this.
ANY advice and thoughts are welcome and highly sought for anyone who can help guide the start of another local TN chapter ^_^

My end goal is to see MACNA somewhere in TN within the next 3-5 years. Big goal, but anything is possible!

jamesonkh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to All - Glad to see some other reef folks in Tri-Cities - I am in Johnson City - it would be great to learn of others... So, get in touch - Thanks! jamie

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone local guy from Abingdon va here. hope to speak with some other locals in my area dying to get started in this hobby.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back