EcoTech Quiet Drive MP10 Installed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef4you

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup was a snap

Turned it on didn't think it was running.
It's very quiet, your ear has to be pretty close to hear sound.

Love the new black color of the driver. Has a sleek slick look to it and the lights are more vibrant as well.
(I know guys don't care about it being pretty, but I do...lol)

I can't really comment too much on the flow I've never owned an MP10 BUT... I can tell you this MP10 is giving my old MP40's a run for the money.
The amount of flow from the MP10 is pretty impressive, I was surprised.

Of course it has the same small foot print in the tank.

Maria :)
PTT

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (5).jpg

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the upgrade or you new MP10 pump and all. I just ordered the upgrade last week and have not received yet. I didn't think they shipped already.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the upgrade or you new MP10 pump and all. I just ordered the upgrade last week and have not received yet. I didn't think they shipped already.

Maria has the new MP10wQD (beta version). [emoji6]

She is a fellow member of the EcoTech Product Test Team and one of the lucky few to get these pumps early!

Looking good Maria! I've just started unpackaging my MP40 now... [emoji16][emoji16]

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does replacing the controller make the pump run quieter? Isn't it the pump itself which makes the noise? That's where the noise seems to be coming from mine. I have two on my 57g reef tank and one on my 75 gallon FOWLR tank. I also have a MP40 still on the box that I was going to change out for the MP10 on the 75 gallon tank but this tank has ran so long without any issues I don't want to try to fix what is not broking.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does replacing the controller make the pump run quieter? Isn't it the pump itself which makes the noise? That's where the noise seems to be coming from mine. I have two on my 57g reef tank and one on my 75 gallon FOWLR tank. I also have a MP40 still on the box that I was going to change out for the MP10 on the 75 gallon tank but this tank has ran so long without any issues I don't want to try to fix what is not broking.
There is a youtube video where EcoTech explains how it works.

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the video. Thanks for the info. One more question. Is it the same driver for the MP10 and MP40? Al ordered two that I was going to use on the MP10's bit if I could use one for the MP40 I may put that one in my reef tank and run 1 MP10 and 1 MP40.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the video. Thanks for the info. One more question. Is it the same driver for the MP10 and MP40? Al ordered two that I was going to use on the MP10's bit if I could use one for the MP40 I may put that one in my reef tank and run 1 MP10 and 1 MP40.

We are still waiting on the differences between driver boxes that cause the variations in price amongst the different drivers. I would say no, otherwise they would have made the driver replacements the same price. But I should find out for sure soon.

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really exciting. I am unclear about what I have seen on other posts. Are the Quiet Drives Apex compatible?

Bob

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really exciting. I am unclear about what I have seen on other posts. Are the Quiet Drives Apex compatible?

Bob

Hey Bob,

The best answer we have is, it "looks" like we will have "no reason to worry" about Apex comparability at QuietDrives launch. That's pretty much a "yes" for me...

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks RandoReefer - with Neptune coming out with their own pumps this year I thought there might be less cooperation between the two companies.

Bob

OP
OP
Reef4you

Reef4you

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maria has the new MP10wQD (beta version). [emoji6]

She is a fellow member of the EcoTech Product Test Team and one of the lucky few to get these pumps early!

Looking good Maria! I've just started unpackaging my MP40 now... [emoji16][emoji16]

It's very exciting isn't it !- Have fun with it :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the only thing new about these mp10s are the drivers? I purchased new dry sides for my mp10 about 2yrs ago and they look just like the new ones with rubber matte finish.

fishnerd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a non wireless mp10es does upgrading to the quiet drive make it wireless?

Thanks
Bryan

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back