Something to think about for the weekend..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many times our EcoTech Product Test Team has discussed products that we'd like to see EcoTech put their stamp on and start producing. We've talked return pumps, controllers, probes, skimmers....and the list goes on.

I'd like to extend the brainstorming to R2R and hear about your ideas. So, with that said......

What would you like to see come out from EcoTech Marine? (Upgraded Radions, features through EcoSmart Live, brand new product lines....?)

Let's hear it!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool I'm following!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An "entry" level light, I love the lights they make but its hard to drop almost $700-$800 for one light.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An "entry" level light, I love the lights they make but its hard to drop almost $700-$800 for one light.

I can agree with that. They did make the XR15, but with only one lens. Are you thinking a dual LED cluster fixture for a lower price? (Maybe less quality LEDs?). What features would you want with a low cost LED? Wireless like the new AquaIllumination?

In-situ alkalinity sensor. Aaaaand go!

A dream come true, this would be! pH can only go so far to gauging Alk. I bet the "how-to" of a probe like this causes much debate!

ReeferAlex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup...I would pay tons of money for a controller where you put in the parameters I would want to keep and the controller would measure ca, alk and mag and keep those params stable. Of course I would keep the dosing containers full but the probes and dosers via controller would do the rest.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
custom puck options or neutral white pucks for the radion.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about a LED/T5 combo light? We're seeing lots of people pairing T5's with radions. I'm thinking that could be a really cool light idea!

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup...I would pay tons of money for a controller where you put in the parameters I would want to keep and the controller would measure ca, alk and mag and keep those params stable. Of course I would keep the dosing containers full but the probes and dosers via controller would do the rest.

The future of reef keeping ?? How awesome would it be to stock the tank with anything you wanted, put in the desired water parameters and....POOF! Auto dosing based on real-world readings of tank parameters. Would this make the hobby, too easy?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
custom puck options or neutral white pucks for the radion.

Mix and match your most used LEDs. I know a lot of us "customize" the Radion settings to preclude certain LEDs from being used. (Reds, Greens, UVs...) are you thinking of choosing LEDs that have worked for you I the past? I.e. Royal Blues and Whites only?

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a LED/T5 combo light? We're seeing lots of people pairing T5's with radions. I'm thinking that could be a really cool light idea!

So true! It's funny you mention this. Im just finishing up a floating canopy build that implements 4-T5 bulbs to supplement my Radions! I'll bring my Radions down to 65% and do T5s at 6-hrs each day. (My build thread is on a local forum.)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In-situ alkalinity sensor. Aaaaand go!

This probably won't ever happen, since alk isn't really something that is in the water per say. The measurement of alk is done by adding acid to the water until you get the ph down to 4.0 I believe. I don't know about you, but I don't want that stuff around my tank lol.

As for calcium I can see that happening since pinpoint has one that already does this, but I am not sure on longevity of the probe being constantly submerged and monitoring 24/7

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know exactly what I want. Something so revolutionary that it will make me think, how did we get by this long without having this awesome product to make our lives easier and our tanks even better. Ya know, something like a magnetically coupled powerhead. Oh wait, you already did that. Maybe you should make them quieter, more powerful and a little cheaper. Dang it, you did that to!!! LOL

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mix and match your most used LEDs. I know a lot of us "customize" the Radion settings to preclude certain LEDs from being used. (Reds, Greens, UVs...) are you thinking of choosing LEDs that have worked for you I the past? I.e. Royal Blues and Whites only?

Would like to loose the cool whites in favor of warms or neutrals. No cools at all:). This is the only area where I believe the radion are lacking from my own observations on performance.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to elaborate a little more? You mean dimmable or something else?
sure. Something along the lines of the Dimmable sunpower but with even more channels of controllability then the two channels Ati offers.

shawncp00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of entry level lights that would be compatible with the reeflink. Instead of using Cree leds, why not use bridgelux.

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a powerhead designed for anemone tanks with some sort of unobtrusive, discreet cover. Something that won't chop up your anemone, but won't restrict flow. The cover that comes with the mp line GREATLY reduces flow within a matter of days, and does NOT completely protect against wandering nems. Just a suggestion!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back