Anybody Stateside (US) using DaStaCo reactor?

robf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These calcium reactors are pretty sophisticated in there design. The utilize a controller that does not rely on pH and according to many experts in the UK (Including David Saxby) are reported to be one of the finest reactors on the planet. Problem is there is no US dealer and they run on 240 v power. This is not necessarily a problem if you buy a voltage converter however I would love to hear from anyone in the US who has experience (good or bad) with this piece of gear.

DaStaCo calcium reactor is an automatic calcium dissolving beast

dastaco.jpg

OP
OP
R

robf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the ph probe is the Achilles heal for today's calcium reactors. They should be replaced every year or sooner and when they go bad they can potentially reek havoc on a reactor. These units seem to take a different approach by carefully controlling the co2 and the dosing with a clever controller. Seems to me to be a more robust design. I believe there is another US manufacturer that is doing something similar however the concept is still not widely deployed.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the ph probe is the Achilles heal for today's calcium reactors. They should be replaced every year or sooner and when they go bad they can potentially reek havoc on a reactor.

My ph probe is just used as a general guide. I don't recommend controlling a reactor with one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back