OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directions on how to program, with v-link, to have sunrise or sunset, broken line or solid line. Bring up your current light program. For now we are just learning or you can use this to set up a brand new program. Remember to always save your current program. So bring up your current light program. Go to expert then click Erase All, don't worry if you've saved your program your not going to loose anything and it will not change the settings on your light unless you choose to upload.

So now you should have nothing programed, clean graph page. So on the graph click on a start time, say 0600. Then check each color you want to start at this time. Now under Action click New Point. So now you should have your colors on the graph, remember it the % on the color was 0 they might be at the bottom of the graph and not easy to see, don't worry. So now go to 1300 on the graph and click on the hour then hit New Point again, if it's not highlighted click back on the graph and try again.

So now you have two points. go to the 1300hr and click on it. Then check each color your want to raise the % and raise them for now to 50%. If the line is a broken line and you have East or West first Triangle the light should walk in that direction. If it's a solid line click on the line then hit East of West Triangle. Then go back to the graph and just click on the left portion or right portion of the line or anywhere in the graph, it should change. If not click on the time then on East or West Triangle and it should change. Remember anytime I say click it's within the graph itself.

Once you learn to do this you should be able to make the light walk.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jt17, Try to unplug your light, wait a few min then plug it back up. See if this resets and does what you want.

Thanks. I did try that but it still gets stuck. Bizarre because it works going east to west but not west to east which works better with the sun in the room where the tank is. I'm 1 firmware update behind and if I can get the update to load without the io error it just might resolve it. For the time being I've gone back to the old concurrent program.

fbodykiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is looking for a 24" illumina i have one for sale as i sold my 30x30 cube and still have the light. I purchased it from mojo on here and it has about 10 months run rime on it with the v-stick.

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did try that but it still gets stuck. Bizarre because it works going east to west but not west to east which works better with the sun in the room where the tank is. I'm 1 firmware update behind and if I can get the update to load without the io error it just might resolve it. For the time being I've gone back to the old concurrent program.

So try unplugging again and follow steps on page 13 on plugging everything back up. Then try again. Here is the owners manual for your reference:
http://www.vertexaquaristik.com/Portals/0/products/lighting/Illumina SR Manual v.2.0_ENG.pdf

Let me know if this helps and we'll go from there.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bama, I did try unplugging it for about 10 min. and in the past that has solved most problems just like with my iphone but for some reason didn't this time. It is the 200 and usually upgrading the firmware fixes it as well. It's ok though because I kind of prefer the concurrent. Probably out of habit. I chose the the illumina because the canopy on my tank is short and this is the only led fixture designed to be mounted as close as 6 " from the waters surface combined with the full control of the awesomeness that is Cree LEDs.

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding module to 260, multicolour or uv?

Am looking to upgrade our 48" illuma 260 over a 175g with mixed reef. Suggestions welcome on what module to add, multi colour or uv or red? Not sure what benefits each might have or if it is worth it. Wondering what the purpose of each module is.

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am looking to upgrade our 48" illuma 260 over a 175g with mixed reef. Suggestions welcome on what module to add, multi colour or uv or red? Not sure what benefits each might have or if it is worth it. Wondering what the purpose of each module is.

Two multi color pads will be all you need. They have he UV and Red in them, along with green. Also this month they offer a multi color pad for free

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two multi color pads will be all you need. They have he UV and Red in them, along with green.

Except that (correct me if I am wrong), I thought the advantage of separate pads for uv and red was to be able to modulate the levels of each colour, which cannot happen if they are on one pad? Or is this just getting way to finicky and doesn't really matter as long as there is some uv and red in the tank.

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crayon, check Proline Aquatics 1 (877) 682-3474. They do not sell direct to the public but may help you find a dealer. If you need anything feel free to PM me, I'm a dealer but in Alabama, and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that (correct me if I am wrong), I thought the advantage of separate pads for uv and red was to be able to modulate the levels of each colour, which cannot happen if they are on one pad? Or is this just getting way to finicky and doesn't really matter as long as there is some uv and red in the tank.

Although all the colors are on one pad you control them seperatly.

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sale started on Dec 3 and runs through the week.
That’s one module for one and two foot units, two modules for three and four foot units and three modules for five and six foot units.

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although all the colors are on one pad you control them seperatly.

Hey that's perfect! We will be adding a couple multi colour pads into our light shortly. Proline Aquatics has been awesome. We had to replace a part on the light and got it directly from them within 2 days. Best light we have ever had for any tank. Will be playing more with the levels as we add pads.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back