MP40 placement on 180 Gallon - Im drilling the tank

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im debating on the placement of my 3 mp40s inside the 180. Im considering placing them all on the back wall. Any comments?

Concerns are:
- The pressure that it might place on the tank since its only going 24 inches and bouncing off the glass as opposed to going length-wise
- Will the MP40s on the same side of the overflow, prevent the dietrus from getting to the overflow....

The next question would be, if I run it on the wall, which mode should i run and which shoud be synch (S) anti-synch (A).. Here is what im thinking......

......40S................overflow................. ........40A

.............40S...........................WEBO-40

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would put them all on the back wall. You can adjust them just right for your tank. I wouldn't worry about any pressure on the front glass to be honest. Plus on the back glass keeps the side clear and clean!

RonnieBlack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't load that wall up with too much live rock..I've seen a lot of leaks start at the back of tanks from that constant pressure of weight over time..

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back