Need help with a frag tank!

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to setup a small frag tank and cant get any of these answers I have from my LFS. I want to do a 20 gallon long with a 4 bulb t5ho fixture running ati bulbs, will make my own stand of course. but my questions are should I have this tank drilled with a 10 gallon sump underneath or just use a hob filter with carbon? If you think sump would be the best way I have no idea what kind of baffles I will need to make I know I would run some kind of skimmer and would like to use a refugium. The tank will be bare bottom and probaly have a fish or 2 and a small CUC just to keep things nice and active. It will be mainly for zoas, pallys, acans and favia's maybe chalice or sps down the road. Need advice on what you guys would recommend me do!! also if anyone has a setup like this I would love to see some pictures of the whole thing including the sump, I have never built a sump or had to plumb a sump so I'm completely clueless on what I will need to even achieve this I just hope someone here can point me into the right direction and help me get this tank going!! Thank you soooo much!!

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back