ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398404522.786649.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398404546.086651.jpg

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 12000 as a return line. Never thought about making it into a skimmer pump. Nice job

dodger745

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying this pump on my AquaC EV240 skimmer. I havent gotten the results I had hoped for. My skimmer is a spray injection type and it was running on a pressure pump. I was hoping the DC pump would work as to save energy because my former IWAKI pump was running 1,3 amps!

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 12000 as a return line. Never thought about making it into a skimmer pump. Nice job

Thanks Eckolancer.

They make a killer return pump dont they? This was my spare return pump in case of emergency. Yesterday my PSK-2500 started going out on the skimmer. I thought 'what the heck', and gave it a quick try with a coupling, reducer and a chunk of tubing. The thought was I could turn it down to make it replace the PSK-2500.

If all goes well today I may give that a shot since the first step proved out.

No impeller mods so far, but the bubbles are surprisingly small.

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying this pump on my AquaC EV240 skimmer. I havent gotten the results I had hoped for. My skimmer is a spray injection type and it was running on a pressure pump. I was hoping the DC pump would work as to save energy because my former IWAKI pump was running 1,3 amps!

Good to know it does not have the pressure for the EV skimmer, I bet allot of people are wondering that.

I have a 5' beckett style injector I hope to see if I can transform into a venturi style using this pump.

dodger745

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know it does not have the pressure for the EV skimmer, I bet allot of people are wondering that.

I have a 5' beckett style injector I hope to see if I can transform into a venturi style using this pump.

I'm going to continue tweaking and see what happens. It does produce skim mate. Just not like it did with the pressure pump

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Eckolancer.

They make a killer return pump dont they? This was my spare return pump in case of emergency. Yesterday my PSK-2500 started going out on the skimmer. I thought 'what the heck', and gave it a quick try with a coupling, reducer and a chunk of tubing. The thought was I could turn it down to make it replace the PSK-2500.

If all goes well today I may give that a shot since the first step proved out.

No impeller mods so far, but the bubbles are surprisingly small.

Keep us updated. I have mine with 1.5" threaded pvc reduced to 1" return line and two feed lines for my reactors. The pvc is not exact thread match but seems to work just fine for the last 6 months.

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.5" threaded coupler with a hole drilled in it for v1. BlueZ designed and printed a pinwheel that is pulling over 95 scfh for 80 watts check it out on our local board Pnwmas google dc12000 pnwmas

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: BlueZReef on PNWMAS designed and 3d printed me pin wheels, they work great. He was pulling over 90 scfh with one of the wheels.

I converted the 5' venturi skimmer to a recirculating pinwheel using the jebao dc 12000. It is working great, will post a video.

Yes, you can use Jebao DC pumps for low cost high output efficient skimmer pumps. I am totally excited about the results!

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick demo of the DC12000 in action on the big skimmer

[video=youtube;nK6HKF-sBsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK6HKF-sBsk&list=UUxJRC-z1v3qw_qRSQUCDXtw[/video]

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a mesh mod impeller now from blue z also. Anyone can make one. Just cut the fins off of a normal impeller, and zip tie mesh to the wheel. It actually pulled more than the needle wheel for what its worthy. Still in use today on the 450 gallon system, pulls a ton of air and skimmate.

Jeromeit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I wonder if you need to clean the mesh mod more often than the needlewheel? Does that even make sense? Sorry skimmer noob here

OP
OP
TheClark

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back to the pinwheel. The meshmod did get dirty and clogged up. The pinwheel is kicking boo-tay.

Jwalker814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update?

Just picked up a DC12000 to attempt to use it as a dual purpose pump. Feeding both downdraft external skimmer and return. Having issues getting skimmer dialed in and I guess I see why now.

Reef Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestion about how to design venturi to get air on the pump?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back