Going back to t5...

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to cry because the radions I have just arent doing good with my acros :/ everything is doing great but the colors really just look horrible and growth is so slow.

nazzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back to MH from LED last week I also had color loss when started reef radiance led love my halide

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the lights or the users? Many people do not know how to run LED's (myself included) it's the dialing in that seems to be giving peoples the problem. What % to use??

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick of my LEDs and my acros stunted growth. Back to T5s for sure but i will try to incorporate some LEDs over all my systems for the color pop. Until the technology gets better IMO LEDs by themselves aren't good enough. I've had LEDs for 8 months over 2 of my tanks and the comparison in growth from the other 2 T5 tanks doesn't even compare.

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely think that LEDS can I fact grow sps, just look at battlecorals pictures. I'm just not able to dial them in how I want or increase the intensity the way I'd like because of limited room for raising them up.

I'm thinking about going with the new Red Sea reef spec bulbs, I have a six bulb fixture.

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try the new Kessils the A360we

They are amazing a friend brought over his to see over my tank and it looks awesome and also grows stuff nice

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All LED aren't created equal. There are problematic trends with certain fixtures (I believe it to be spectrum related). The problem is that their are so many fanboys, and vendor/manufacturers that have a lot to loose. You don't see many of these guys admit that there is a flaw. Some guys innocently don't know the difference either :) There are some LED fixtures that do work well though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in no way knocking my radions whatsoever, I loved them as they did what they are supposed to. I am just knock knowledgable enough to run them how they need to be. I'll be the first one to say it!

With that being said, having my t5s turn on and off without adjustments is really nice with no headache. I'll go back to LEDS one day when I'm knowledgable enough for it.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5's + Reefbrites! Great combo. T5's for your color and growth, Reefbrites for a nice pop.

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too had the same issue with LED's, poor color and terrible growth. Switched to MH and T5's and couldn't be happier!

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run LEDs, can't say I fully know how to adjust them either but I'm dialing them in as I go and see what works the best. I went DIY route so I can dim each individual color to mine and the corals liking. Premade fixtures are a bit to one size fits most mentality to me and I'm not spending extra cash to get a controller when i can do it with a rocker switch, turn knobs, and my eyes. I think my main trade off with LEDs was slower growth if I didn't have to deal with any heat since the tank is in the bedroom and a MH fixture or T5 for that matter would make the room incredibly hot especially in the summer here. Also don't miss replacing bulbs.

I wouldn't say I have outstanding color with my fixture but its definitely there. I'd love to have a T5 reef someday, but for me today is not the day.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what works for you. Obviously you're not knocking a product, only going back to what makes your reef the happiest. I think that's something everyone here can appreciate!

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the lights or the users? Many people do not know how to run LED's (myself included) it's the dialing in that seems to be giving peoples the problem. What % to use??
If that question has to be asked then it is the lights in my opinions. Take a look in the lighting sections of all of these forums and you see a ton of people for years asking about bulb combos and such. Now give those same people an LED fixture, which you can customize bulbs, intensity, etc and you have a disaster on your hands. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back