Jebao auto dosing pump dp-4

GKorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm really impressed with the dc12000 I'm on the 3rd bar and have more than plenty flow for a 75g...now the dp 4 doser is awesome and is from what I can see really accurate...I've tested all 4 pumps and they work..however I've set the times just hr ago and technically the 3rd interval at 1015 didn't go off, question is does the pump wait until 1st interval to start? Or am I doing something wrong?

cobergas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a word of caution. I have been using the dosing pump for about two months now and it destroyed my prop tank. I am still unsure how it dosed a whole gallon of alk but it sure enough did. I wish I could have more details on the issue but the settings where correct when I came back so I am unsure as to why it dosed the whole gallon. It was only setup to dose a total daily amount of 8ml. 1 ml every three hours. I setup the pump and let it run for two and half weeks before going out of town. My tank sitter came in to a dosed tank and destroyed livestock.

20140801_105653.jpg

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This scares me as I just recently started using one, like you with great success and accuracy to start. Haven't had any issues yet but that scares me.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the dosing unit running for a week now, no problem so far.
Got to say I have it running in different measure cups as I can see the amount for each pump I have it programed for if it is off.
Everyday I still get the same amount all over 4 pumps.
Will let this run for a month or longer before I set it up on frag tank.

How is the DP-4 working out for you?

iceet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a word of caution. I have been using the dosing pump for about two months now and it destroyed my prop tank. I am still unsure how it dosed a whole gallon of alk but it sure enough did. I wish I could have more details on the issue but the settings where correct when I came back so I am unsure as to why it dosed the whole gallon. It was only setup to dose a total daily amount of 8ml. 1 ml every three hours. I setup the pump and let it run for two and half weeks before going out of town. My tank sitter came in to a dosed tank and destroyed livestock.

20140801_105653.jpg

Sorry for your loss. In the future it's good to have failsafes, such as not leaving more than a few days worth of cal/alk/mag/etc in its respective holding container. That way if the doser fails to turn off properly at least it will only dump a few extra days worth instead of a gallon.

Reefkeepr1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running it for month now and so far so good but before I started dosing my system I dosed a measuring cup for two weeks dosing 5ml twice a day using RO/DI water!! Here is the Doser now after a month of usage!!
And corals are doing great other than my Two Birdsnests that lost color before I started the dosing!! The main reason why I got it hooked up for my SPS's

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 713

Delphinus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my dp 4 up for about a month. All seems well. I am however using a smaller reservoir to protect from it dumping a gallon of alk or calc into the tank. Make sure you calibrate it.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for about a month as well. I am using the built in controller for the dosing schedule but my fail-safe is plugging the unit into my Apex controller. If the Apex sees the pH rise above 8.55 as it would if too much Alk was dosed it will cut power to the doser and send me an email alarm.

mknightryder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has worked flawlessly for 7 weeks now.... Knock on wood. I only keep a few days supply in the dosing containers though. Plus have failsafes programmed in the Apex as well...So far so good...

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on how well these work?

Looks like they released a new model of the DP4 and another doser of some sort.

cobergas were the pumps uncalibrated or did it just get stuck in the on position somehow?

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your cheap and scared then why not just keep a 3 day supply and just fill it every three days. Beats paying 300 for a nice dosing pump and losing everything.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back