Hanna Po4 tester going crazy?

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to test my Po4 today. First test said 0.17 (i cried a little). Didn't think that was correct because everything is looking pretty good. With the exception of my sps because well they always dont look great.. lol Tested again. Second test said .05 (i was a bit more pleased..). I figured for good measure one more test.. 3rd test said 0.. Im stumped.. Any ideas? I just replaced the battery not to long ago..

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received mine in the mail. Did my first test, 0.00. Not sure that is correct. Didn't know it only came with so little reagent packets. Ordered more today.

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had that prob before. My issue was the vials were a little dirty. They looked clean until you looked up close. Cleaned them really good and everything was back to norm.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had that prob before. My issue was the vials were a little dirty. They looked clean until you looked up close. Cleaned them really good and everything was back to norm.

Ya, I clean mine before and after every use.. So it should be clean.. But i tested it a fourth time and it came fairly close to my 2nd reading.. So im going with that number.. lol

thanhreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to test my Po4 today. First test said 0.17 (i cried a little). Didn't think that was correct because everything is looking pretty good. With the exception of my sps because well they always dont look great.. lol Tested again. Second test said .05 (i was a bit more pleased..). I figured for good measure one more test.. 3rd test said 0.. Im stumped.. Any ideas? I just replaced the battery not to long ago..

Mine did the same. I test at least 3 & 4 tests.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to get the regents for your particular number tester. They are not all the same. I bought some cheap on amazon.

I test mine twice with the same mix. Make sure you leave no finger prints on it and make sure that it has dissolved and there is no bubbles. Then you should be good. I whip mine with a paper towel and then blow any lint off before putting inside. Also make sure to press and hold for the count down on the second vial.

Spendley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a cloth to wipe fingerprints off of my vials. I also use a filter to get all of the reagent in.

It only comes with a few, so make sure to buy replacement reagent before it's too late.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back