Skimmer Recomendations

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to add more water volume to my system and looking to buy a good skimmer. Water volume when I am done is gonna be around 250 gallons. Sps tank with frag tanks. Medium bio load. I was looking at the SRO int5000 reef octopus. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SRO5000INT is a good choice in skimmer for the money. I had the SRO3000INT on my 180 gallon and liked it. If you want top of the line I would recommend Reef Dynamics. I have an INS350E on my new 300 gallon and love it. I also have the INS135E on my frag tank. Made in the USA, built like a tank and the owner Jeff is a great guy that will talk to you personally about your skimmer needs.

For the money though you can't really go wrong with the SRO.

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ima throw this out there just cause i installed a new protein skimmer last night. i got reef octopus and im stoked on it. im about 12 hours in on it running and it is working great. my old skimmer was junk. I ended up getting the 110 SS(space saver) because when i built my refuge i did not realize how big skimmers really are footprint wise. I am very happy with my purchase 12 hours in lol

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i did not add, it was $240. lil more for the "space saver" model..

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SRO5000INT is a good choice in skimmer for the money. I had the SRO3000INT on my 180 gallon and liked it. If you want top of the line I would recommend Reef Dynamics. I have an INS350E on my new 300 gallon and love it. I also have the INS135E on my frag tank. Made in the USA, built like a tank and the owner Jeff is a great guy that will talk to you personally about your skimmer needs.

For the money though you can't really go wrong with the SRO.

+1 The Reef Dynamics skimmers are truly a forever work horse skimmer. Built by hand in the US they use proven technology and test the crap out of every change they consider before releasing a single thing. They do not look overly sexy compared to some but they work well and they will work forever! Reef Dynamics support is so good they even provide support for the Euro Reef brand that preceded them. I personally am running a old euro reef skimmer that Jeff helped me re-furbish to current Reef Dynamics standards and it works Great!

OP
OP
jeremy

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks. I will look into reef dynamics.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back