Lighting for 40gal

reefguy40gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded from a JBJ 24gal nano to a 40 gallon tank. It was given to me for free.

The light is a LED light....it has one strip of white and one strip of blue. My corals that I moved over do not "pop" in color as much as they used to in my JBJ with LED lights (stock).

So I'm online and trying to figure out what wattage LED light to buy? Anyone have any recommendations? Ideally it would come with a controller that I can control the intensity and color of the light, as well as an automatic timer.

thanks

gmendez619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out aquatraders.com They got some good lights by beamswork for cheap and they can grow corals. I think its the best lighting you can get for your money.

OP
OP
R

reefguy40gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in an apartment...and while that light looks like exactly what I need.....I need some sort of stand. Can't drill ceiling where I live. Are you using their stand for $50?

OP
OP
R

reefguy40gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the reason I'm looking for this light....is because I'm a huge zoa fan. My zoas under the current LED light look "washed out". Not "white" or anything like that....it's just that the colors don't "pop" as they used to under my JBJ 24ga nano LED tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back