Think this stand will work for at least up to a month ?

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 110 Gallon long, it's going to be a reef tank and I'm really wondering if the stand will work. It's solid wood, it feels sturdy, it's just that the tank has to hang like 1/2 an inch off of each side of the stand if I try to center it. Is this ok ? It's against a wall, so I think if it were to fall back it would be ok, but not forward. I figured my liverock centered near the back would help keep the weight based. What do you think ? Will this hold up for a while, or is it urgent I find another one ? I got this tank pre-owned.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want the tank supported beneath every side. It may hold for a while but consider what happens if it fails. If you like the stand then buy a piece of 3/4" plywood that is the dimension of your tank a set it on top of your stand. You can buy veneer strips to disguise the cut edge of the plywood if you don't like the looks of the cut edge.

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago I thought a less than optimum stand would hold a 30-gallon tank at a friends for a few days while I moved into a new home. Until you see it, it is hard to imagine how far thirty gallons of saltwater can spread. My suggestion it to get the stand modified like jt17 described, or get the right stand. If the stand or tank were to let go, rest assured that 110 gallons of seawater will create a huge mess.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing though, the tank has been filled up for a while before

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I bought it from had it full before I got it, there were pictures. However, it does make me wonder if he's selling it because it tipped over... Hmmm

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back