Ecotech vs Tunze vs Jebao

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually samsung would be the MP40 and apple the 6105 lol. But what is it that you're looking for in your tank?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I have an original iPhone that works. I new Phones have software that changes.
Tunze is a very weill made and supported brand. You can not go wrong there.

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao imo. Unless you want to pay apple prices. I have two MP10's and 1 Jebao. It obviously isn't as flashy as the MP10s but it holds up just fine against them at a fraction of the cost. Also the MP10 has been known to create a lot of vibration causing stress on tanks and possibly leading to a crack if you don't have it positioned perfectly (I have seen it happen on 2 friends tanks. Google it) The jebao doesn't have the problem as far as I can tell.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
samsung owns sony what more needs to be said about quality. wp40 is now rw15 so I say rw15

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran all three on my systems and now run the new RW-15's and IMHO the very best bang for my buck.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
bigdiscus513

bigdiscus513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mp new $ 400 Tunze 6105 $360 Jebao wp40 rw 15 $85 -$ 110
After 2 years resell
Used mp 40 $250 -300
Used Tunze 6105 $175-250
Used jebao wp 40 junk - 45
Let do the math

Slm222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 rw-15s and they rock at 99 a pop from reefbreeders. The only thing that gets me is there is a large swing in decibels from one power speed to the next. im hoping it quiets down.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the MP10 has been known to create a lot of vibration causing stress on tanks and possibly leading to a crack if you don't have it positioned perfectly (I have seen it happen on 2 friends tanks. Google it)

I'm sorry but I don't believe this for one second. I have an mp10 on a custom made rimless 15 gallon and it doesn't vibrate at all. I also have 2 mp40s on my 180 and they don't either. Using the mp10 as a reason for the glass breaking is absurd. I would be more inclined to blame it on the tank not being level or something else.

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but I don't believe this for one second. I have an mp10 on a custom made rimless 15 gallon and it doesn't vibrate at all. I also have 2 mp40s on my 180 and they don't either. Using the mp10 as a reason for the glass breaking is absurd. I would be more inclined to blame it on the tank not being level or something else.

Also the MP10 has been known to create a lot of vibration causing stress on tanks and possibly leading to a crack if you don't have it positioned perfectly (I have seen it happen on 2 friends tanks. Google it)

If you do not have it lined up correctly there is an extreme amount of vibration caused by the MP, this I know you know is true if you really are a MP owner.

Additionally they put a disclaimer in the manual stating that Ecotech Marine will not be held liable for damage to aquariums from wave generation... If these things never break aquariums why put that in?

That being said I still think the MP is a great option to go with. However, the Jebao I believe is a better bang for the buck.

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you do not have it lined up correctly there is an extreme amount of vibration caused by the MP, this I know you know is true if you really are a MP owner.

Additionally they put a disclaimer in the manual stating that Ecotech Marine will not be held liable for damage to aquariums from wave generation... If these things never break aquariums why put that in?

That being said I still think the MP is a great option to go with. However, the Jebao I believe is a better bang for the buck.

It causes vibration and also being ungodly loud. If you hear how loud they are when UN aligned and you choose to ignore it that's crazy. But I also don't see it being enough of a tremor to cause glass to crack

As for not being held liable for tank damage from wave generation of course that makes sense. The seams on the tanks can only take so much stress, so that makes perfect sense to me as well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back