Most depenable dosing pump

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about getting a doser for my aquarium and i was wondering what are others thoughts and opinions on which ones are affordable, reliable, and dependable.
Please share your experiences with which ones you have owned and/or currently own and as to why you continue owning it.
Thank you for your time!

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one i have ever had is the Litermeter III. I love it. Once you have it dialed in its great. Keeps everything stable and rarely have to mess with it..

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Bubble Magus T01, and I love it! It has a triple-doser that is accurate and solid.

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL ProfiLux for me, best doser I've had.

BODI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never personally owned one, so take my input as you will, but I've done a lot of research on this topic (for my own considerations) and found the 2 most highly recommended standalone dosing units are either the LiterMeter III made by SpectraPure and/or the Profilux made by GHL.

OP
OP
Joker79

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard great things about the vertex libra as well as the profilux.
Anyone used the jeabo doser?

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how you look at it.

I have an Apex controller, BRS works great. Easy to program and change when needed. Ability to turn it off when I need to. Cons would be it takes up an outlet but thats fine with me.

Standalone dosers like Bubble Magus, etc are good but after a while the hose stretches and its... garbage. The amount isnt the same after lets say 3-6 months use from my experience. Tube sets are cheaper to replace now, unlike a year ago when BM charged like $25 for a head replacement.

$$$ Medical dosers is what I prefer. Full calibration and so on. Extremely expensive but if your OCD like me, then its worth it. lol

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using the bubble magus for around 6 months now and its been spot on dependable.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly not affordable, but one of the most dependable would be a cole-parmer imo

Fishbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've probably owned 15 different liter meters over the last 15 years and never had a problem with one. The only issue I have ever heard of is someone cleaning there roller after not cleaning them for a prolonged service period and the tank got over dosed with Kalk. You could easily recalibrate after cleaning to avoid this

Fishbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on how you look at it.

I have an Apex controller, BRS works great. Easy to program and change when needed. Ability to turn it off when I need to. Cons would be it takes up an outlet but thats fine with me.

The Apex & BRS combo concerns me. I've had my Apex controller do weird things with the outlets occasionally. Stick on or off...I have one outlet on my current unit that doesn't work at all. After having used so many liter meters for many years I find it to be much more dependable with proper maintenance.

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the Pacsun Kore 5th. 5 dosing pumps, ATO pump with floats and optical level. All controllable via bluetooth. The software is very well put together and very easy to use also.

OP
OP
Joker79

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great advice everyone!!! Keep em coming! What's generally the lifespan of a dosing system?

YodaHart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using an aquamedic reef doser for the past 8 years with no problems. It probabq isn't the best because of all the features the new ones have but I like it and it's worked well

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a bulk reef supply dosing pump for almost a year now and it's hooked straight to the apex/EB8 to control it! No problems and dosing kalk with it just make sure with what ever dosing pump you decide on to replace the tubing inside it as it will wear out over time as well as anything else the manufacturer recommends you service and it should last you a long time!

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex & BRS combo concerns me. I've had my Apex controller do weird things with the outlets occasionally. Stick on or off...I have one outlet on my current unit that doesn't work at all. After having used so many liter meters for many years I find it to be much more dependable with proper maintenance.

I had problems at first with the dosing pump not switching off and after researching it out found this:

Some extremely small loads (Aqualifter pumps, solenoid, LED moon lights) may not turn off when controlled
by the solid state outlets (1-3 and 5-7). To solve this problem, try one of the following solutions:
• Use one of the relay outlets (4 or 8) for the device.

After I switched it to one of the relay outlets I have had zero issues so if you are having it stick on then more than likely this is your problem with a dosing pump hooked into your EB8!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems at first with the dosing pump not switching off and after researching it out found this:

Some extremely small loads (Aqualifter pumps, solenoid, LED moon lights) may not turn off when controlled
by the solid state outlets (1-3 and 5-7). To solve this problem, try one of the following solutions:
• Use one of the relay outlets (4 or 8) for the device.

After I switched it to one of the relay outlets I have had zero issues so if you are having it stick on then more than likely this is your problem with a dosing pump hooked into your EB8!

This^^^^^^^^

Back