Too much flow? Tips for sumps ect welcome

reif119

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm in the process of Setting up a drilled marine aquarium. I got my Lfs to drill 4 holes in a 2ft tank, 2x 1" overflows 2x 1/2" returns. Is this going to create too much flow. Btw both overflows will have strainers aswell.
The sump i am going to be using is going to be 45cm (about ten gallon) so will this sump be adequate for a 20gallon (2ft tank) ? Also do you think it will be better to have a hang on skimmer (aqua one proskim) and have a refugium or just a refugium or skimmer. Additionally will normal seaweed be fine in this refugium(it will be lit will a led light) also the seaweed is from a local rock pool and the last time I got some my hermit crabs devoured it. Aha. Any tips or tricks welcome. Thanks for reading and replying and finally is anyone interested in me making a thread for my tank setup?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine with that set up. The skimmer and Fuge would be up to you, I'd not think you'd need both on a 20g tank. I haven't heard of anyone growing out normal seaweed, so let us know how that goes for ya, I wouldn't think thered be any issues with it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back