How Blue Will This Be??

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be picking up a 6x24 ati dimmable sunpower fixture next month and I am wondering about the combo. I am sure this gets asked a lot but here is what I am thinking. Switching from LED's....just to much variable's with LED's. Will probably throw some reefbrites on though as well.

KZ Fiji Purple
ati coral plus
ati blue plus
KZ fiji purple
ati coral plus
ati blue plus

I am not wanting anything to crazy blue but more like natural light with a touch of blue. I figured the 2 coral plus would keep the blue plus and purple in check. If anyone has a combo that sounds like what I am talking about go ahead and share it with me and if you can it would be great if you could post a picture of what your tank look like with the light.

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a white lamp to stabilize, I'd think that it would be very blue.

OP
OP
Defect

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought for some reason that the coral plus was a whiteish bulb. Just gonna have to look through a buncha build threads and see whos combo I like best.

Thanks

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the coral plus is a 15k lamp, so its in the blue range itself. There are alot of people that run all blue lamps, its all in the eye, it won't hurt the tank at all running what you've got in mind.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
personally not a big fan of the coral plus. kind of weird pinkish to me. i may sub in one aqua blue special and one pure actinic for those two. just my opinion though.

OP
OP
Defect

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally not a big fan of the coral plus. kind of weird pinkish to me. i may sub in one aqua blue special and one pure actinic for those two. just my opinion though.

Wont that make it super super blue? I have never delt with t5's so no idea what bulb does what. Thanks fo the replies.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
Pure actinic
Purple+
Blue+
uploadfromtaptalk1409343718114.jpg

It's actually more white in person. I would suggest more blue+ than your current plan. My next bulb change I will be using 4 blue+, 1 coral+ and 1 pure actinic. Yes the coral+ has a funky reddish tint to it by itself, but I like it more than the purple+

Last edited:

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam is right. If it was an sps only tank I would use aquablue special. It made the sps colors crazy nice but turned my rainbow acans red and orange. That's the only reason I'm not using one.

OP
OP
Defect

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pic pete. That is not thats not a bad blue plus you say its a little whiter in person. I will take out one coral plus and throw a aqua blue special in there and see how that works out. Maybe kick one of the KZ purples for another blue+...plus the KZ purples are almost twice the cost. I can always change them out if I dont like it anyway.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquablue special will make it white as snow. It will completely wash out any blue. Lets say my picture looks 20k in the picture for reference, but in reality its 15k. The camera on my phone picks up on the blue.

OP
OP
Defect

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold! haha. Looks like
ati blue plus
ati coral plus
ati aqua blue special
KZ fiji purple
Ati Blue plus
ati blue plus

Thanks guys

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will be nice for sps. You should get good colors, especially pinks and reds

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe I'm old fashioned lol but I just cant imagine not having at least 2 actinics if i had the option;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back