Jeabo is taking over

Adam Baggett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I might be a little slow here but I have just seen a Jeabo doser and it is $109 on Amazon. Whats next LED lights? Imagine if Jeabo and someone like Apex got together, Ecotech would be running for their money, I have 2 Jeabo WP40s and I LOVE them. They can do everything but connect to my Apex without hacking them. If Jeabo could connect to the Apex or another controller and give the same functionality as someone like Ecotech then I would have a Jeabo tank. What are your thoughts?

Amazon.com: Jebao DP-4 Dosing Pump - 6 Mo. USA Warranty Included: Everything Else

Last edited:

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune knows where the money is at and they have already invested money into the Ecotech market. There are already mods with the wiring harness so you can use them with the Apex variable outlets for control. Ecotech knows they have the high end equipment on lock already, they don't worry about the small fish when the big fish are knocking on their doors before they even open.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune knows where the money is at and they have already invested money into the Ecotech market. There are already mods with the wiring harness so you can use them with the Apex variable outlets for control. Ecotech knows they have the high end equipment on lock already, they don't worry about the small fish when the big fish are knocking on their doors before they even open.

*+1. They have mods to connect your pumps to the apex look it up and research it . Jabeo has been around from 2006 or earlier till now there in the hobby hard and deff starting to take over with some great products affordable for ever budget. Can't wait too see if they come out with lights, I wouldn't doubt that they are inthe making of the lights already. Only time will tell .

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*+1. They have mods to connect your pumps to the apex look it up and research it . Jabeo has been around from 2006 or earlier till now there in the hobby hard and deff starting to take over with some great products affordable for ever budget. Can't wait too see if they come out with lights, I wouldn't doubt that they are inthe making of the lights already. Only time will tell .

I agree 100%. I am also going to put my money on skimmers. They can already make great pumps... add in a sweet cone body with a head cleaner and we have another winner.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100%. I am also going to put my money on skimmers. They can already make great pumps... add in a sweet cone body with a head cleaner and we have another winner.

I believe they already have a skimmer out. I think reefbreeders was selling them on here not too long ago.

cmantis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That skimmer isnt made by jebao it just has a jebao dc3000 pump.

saltyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a huge fan of jebao until my wp40 started leaking current into my tank. That made me wish I had mp40's instead so there was no contact with water. I guess it can happen with any equipment we run but when it's a cheap Chinese product, I have to start pointing fingers.

OP
OP
Adam Baggett

Adam Baggett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that happen with an expensive heater. Its just bad luck but I have had no issues with my WP40's. I am going to take it slowly and may still change my WP40's out to MP40's who knows.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a huge fan of jebao until my wp40 started leaking current into my tank. That made me wish I had mp40's instead so there was no contact with water. I guess it can happen with any equipment we run but when it's a cheap Chinese product, I have to start pointing fingers.

If you detected current in your tank then you might want to check your ground probe and see why it didn't send the current to ground.

Karl Hevacheck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they're focusing right now on making fish and coral. :) they should just come out with their own controller..

Vucious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 rw15 and a doser from them. Can't wait to put them in the tank. The wp40 was super strong.

SuperSaiyanGoku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had three defective wp40's all of which just stopped working. However they replaced each one for only the price of the motor part which was only $25 each time. They are holding up so far so good. Great units for the price. Quality on the other hand is lacking thereof.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 I thought I was the only one with that problem check your grounded outlit and your grounding probe it was doing it to me as well shocking the heck out of the corals . Ticked me off when I found out tht was the problem I had to turn on everything one by one to figure out what was making it that's how I found out

Vucious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had three defective wp40's all of which just stopped working. However they replaced each one for only the price of the motor part which was only $25 each time. They are holding up so far so good. Great units for the price. Quality on the other hand is lacking thereof.

What were the symptoms of your broken WP40? I have one that dies intermittently but always works again if I unplug and plug back the power. I tried another controller but same issue.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the attraction of a cheap, controllable pump but I have a problem with Jaebo for a couple reasons. One, the are a complete knockoff, taking advantage of other company's R&D and just flat out copying it. But that's the norm with the Chinese market. Second, the only way they can be that cheap is if they use cheap parts, period. By all means, buy what you want, but you're not getting quality.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back