Custom Tank Builders

TitansFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quote from Reef Savvy but looking for quotes from other good custom builders. Reef Savvy has me on the edge because of their response time. Seems they have to much work too handle. Any other recommendations? This would be for a 200+ gallon tank.

Thanks

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Savvy took a while to get back to me as well! I'm buying a new house soon and got a quote on my dream tank. Check out Miracles, and Great Lakes Aquariums. GLA tends to focus on more "standard" aquariums, but can do some smaller custom tanks (under 300g). Miracles does some awesome work as well. They created SunnyX's old tank.

OP
OP
TitansFan

TitansFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many builders left I guess. I have glasscages 30 miles from me but looking also for that dream tank. The wifey wants me to get a red sea 650. I just prefer a 6 foot tank and the fun in a build.
Was your Reef Savvy quote similar?

"The aquarium you're inquiring about is approximately 230 gallons and will be built out of 3/4" glass with high polish and beveled edges. The price is $3,775.00. This includes the blacked out back, phantom bottom, and Ghost overflow."

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cost me $3300 shipped to depot for 8x2x2 240g, 4' external overflow, 3/4" glass all way around, eurobraced, front and sides starfire from Miracles.

Clearwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out lee mar. You have to find a dealer. They built my tank. Completely satisfied. They are top notch. I have heard of others having a few problems but no plenty of people that have had them build there tanks.

OP
OP
TitansFan

TitansFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really would like to get a Reef Savvy tank. The communication is just so sllllooowwwww. I shall chalk it up to the holiday for now. If anyone happens to have a pic of one they have gotten I would like to see. :)

Jduck: do you have a pic of your miracles tank?

Clearwater: I actually asked my LFS about lee mar and no dice.

Reef Savvy has me interested due to the ghost overflow. Wifey requirement is a silent.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AGE tank (Acrylic and Glass Exhibits) and love it. They made me a "ghost style" overflow that works beautifully. It's not removable though like the ghost. It has a PVC bottom instead of glass which is also pretty cool. When I was looking at quotes I also looked at Coast to Coast aquariums which seem to be pretty popular.

kb3777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out lee mar. You have to find a dealer. They built my tank. Completely satisfied. They are top notch. I have heard of others having a few problems but no plenty of people that have had them build there tanks.

LeeMar just stopped making tanks yesterday, poor quality. Reef Savvy tanks are awesome but they take months and the cost is on the higher end. Communication is so slow with them, they are overworked. Deep Sea Aquatics make great tanks, they are the old oceanic guys. The master builders who started there own company - great price, 5 week turnaround on most everything. - Deep Sea Aquatics - Aquariums

UrbanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AGE tank (Acrylic and Glass Exhibits) and love it. They made me a "ghost style" overflow that works beautifully. It's not removable though like the ghost. It has a PVC bottom instead of glass which is also pretty cool. When I was looking at quotes I also looked at Coast to Coast aquariums which seem to be pretty popular.

I have to strongly disagree. I had a custom AGE tank with the PVC bottom and powder coated bracing with a steel stand and it split on me in less than a year. They have been completely unhelpful about doing anything about it. I was forced to bring the tank to them for inspection and they told me they made a mistake in buildling it but they will not repair or replace it. Total waste of my time and money.

I've seen a few reefsavvy tanks in person. Amazing tanks. Far beyond the quality of my AGE even when it held water. Wish I would have bought from them.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to strongly disagree. I had a custom AGE tank with the PVC bottom and powder coated bracing with a steel stand and it split on me in less than a year. They have been completely unhelpful about doing anything about it. I was forced to bring the tank to them for inspection and they told me they made a mistake in buildling it but they will not repair or replace it. Total waste of my time and money.

I've seen a few reefsavvy tanks in person. Amazing tanks. Far beyond the quality of my AGE even when it held water. Wish I would have bought from them.

I dont understand....if they admitted to making the mistake why wouldnt they make good on it????

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You're the first complaint I've ever heard about AGE. Quality of my tank is great. Reef Savvy is very nice but VERY expensive. Sorry to hear about your problem but I couldn't possibly be happier with mine.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think reef savvy gives a little discount to reef clubs but Im not sure. The best looking tank I have saw hands down. My 7' will be ordered soon hopefully

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back