Best biopellet reactor

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the brs, reef octo and both are no good. Thinking about trying the aquamax since it seems to work well. Anyone have good ideas on these or whats the best biopellet reactor there is.

Finnaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running the Cad Lights reactor but you can only run a little over 2 cups or it wont tumble correctly. Im looking at the Reef Dynamics. Theirs look like they work pretty good.

Secret Asian Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jns alpha 2 biopellet reactor

I've being using it for over a year now and I really like the space saving factor and the pump being directly underneath it and the way it rotate the pellet....much less clogging.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Reef Dynamics 250 biopellet reactor and after a lot of research these seem to be the best. It's been up and running for 2 weeks now and I couldn't be happier. The independent flow through and tumble control is key.

msderganc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the AquaMaxx and it's decent. I'll probably replace it with the Avast recirculating reactor when it comes out.

msderganc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, and it works well to keep the pellets fluidized. My issue is that I want less effluent coming out, but still need the pellets to be moving.

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an aqualund and it's a recirculating reactor and have had no problems and it's cheaper than the Reef Dynamics unit.

nwpowell0481

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Aquamaxx biopellet reactor as well and I love it. I've been using it for awhile and I am more than impressed. The media stays fluidized even when the reactor is getting dirty. I agree with msderganc, the aquamaxx reactor does not clog easily. That doesn't mean it can't but you can very easily tell when it needs a little tlc. The media stays very evenly distributed and if the pellets start to look uneven you know its time to clean out the channels. I also love how the flow in the reactor moves in a circular motion. This keeps the water in the reactor longer than regular upflow reactors which means more reaction time. So far I have not had any trouble with the amount of effluent coming out of the reactor since I also use an aquamaxx skimmer that handles the outflow of the reactor very well. Also the direction of the inlet and outlet fittings is adjustable which is really nice when running your tubing. I would definately recommend the aquamaxx reactor to anyone who uses biopellets.

pciscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Dynamics, but I use a little flow from my return because it did not seem to work as well gravity fed. The one problem I have had is pellets back flowing into the bottom output pipe and getting in the pump when power is out. The output tube of the pump has to be perfectly even on the bottom or this can happen.

I tried several others and this is by far the best pellet reactor I have found. +10 for Reef Dynamics!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back