Aqua traders t5 metal halide combo

reefnewb1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya ive read the reviews of some people and their experiences with the aquatraders metal halide t5 combos and before I purchase one off of a fellow reefer I really honestly need to know what experiences you guys have had with these lights the guy im trading with said they are about 6 to 7 months old and hes trading me due tov the fact hes upgrading to a bigger tank..my concern is the whole fire deal being the fact that me and my wife are usually at work my 2 year old daughter and my mother in law are always home so their safety is my concern I really need some lights to help my coral but I cant break my bank thats why im looking into these lights

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told and read the same type of reviews about the Odyssea lights from Aquatraders or anywhere else for that matter. Let it be known that these issues are a thing of the past and was a ballast issue with early models. I've been running a Odyssea 48" T5 fixture for over 2 years now with ATI bulbs and I couldn't be happier. Not sure how the mH/T5 fixtures are, but the straight T5's have been great. I also had a 24" version when I had my 10G in the beginning about 4 years ago. If anything look for more recent reviews on them to see what people are saying now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back