OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the control on it. I could see them adding more equipment based off of it.
Ya I really like the idea of having it controlled with fusion but to add more pump its gonna cost me another 340 something..and it will have a safety feature if I get the container with the sensor lots of great things about it..

lionfish5740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept of the DOS and their new pump but there's other things I want to get for my tank. Love my Apex tho!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept of the DOS and their new pump but there's other things I want to get for my tank. Love my Apex tho!

I think it's going to be a hit, but this would be a big hit to the wallet. I'm hoping someone local gets one so I can check it out in action!

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very much like the quality of the build.

However I wish it was available as a standalone unit.

I love my Apex but am getting uncomfortable with letting it control any more of my tank operation. I don't have a contingency for it going out on me other than having my ecotech pump running independently and with battery backup.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow - I can't believe the price on these things. I saw the RB article and they certainly seem well made, but man alive. This is for only 2 heads?!

BTW - I know and appreciate all the merits of the apex concept, but there's no way I could justify spending a grand for an apex kit plus dosing pumps. Just my opinion

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great but expensive. The stepper motor they use is very high quality so this is a pump for life for sure. I picked up a Pacific Sun Kore 5th doser with 5 heads, computer controlled and included ATO and couldn't be happier. The new GHL looks awesome as well. I too run an apex but like having a few things not run by it :)

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input guys ya its a bit pricey for sure..I wished it came with 3 pump instead of 2

Ekrichbaum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not out there yet? I like the idea of the sensors but at higher cost than 4 BRS dosers, it's a harsh cost.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back