Anyone using a panworld pump?

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1412034029515.jpg
I'm putting a 100gal sump and fuge and all reactors skimmer etc into my newly acquired closet from my wife. Instead of my mag 12 I was thinking of running an external pump. My question is if anyone has run the panworld pumps and or heard or know if they are any good and hold up? My mag is 11 years old and probably due for the upgrade and I figure now will be the best time as I'm re plumbing from under the stand to the closet.

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Workhorse of a pump. Eventually moved mine off of my tank, and started to use it as a circulation pump for salt mixing. Little noisy for me, but I'm pretty sensitive to noises.

OP
OP
Reef Junky150

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to use a panworld over my mag 12 and will say it is a very good pump. I'm running my return, refugium, skimmer, and algae turf scrubber no problem. I will say it is much noisier than I expected. Luckily it's in a closet but definitely not as quiet as I thought it would be.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring back an almost 4 year old thread but my question is related to this topic and rather than create a new thread...

Just bought a panworld pump and will set it up underneath my stand externally (I think all of them are external use anyways). Question is what type of sound dampener can I use (or do I even need one) when attaching this pump to the inside floor of the stand using the 4 holes at the base?

For those who might have gone the extra mile, did anyone take the foot off their pump and replace it with just a soft material for the sound? Reason why I ask is because the pump is too high (by about an inch) compared to the pvc on the in flow side. I want it to be level. Raising the entire pvc while an option will require more work and modification.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 74 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back