Jebao DC or waveline DC whats the diff?

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in need of an upgrade of my closed loop pump and main circulation pump... been doing alot of resurch to try and figure out what I need. can anyone tell me what is the differance between a Jebao DC and a wavelione DC? these look to be the same so I'm not sure which one to go with.

jebao Jebao DC6000 Water Pump - AquaCave.com
waveline RLSS WaveLine DC 6000 Pump GEN2 - Fragtastic Reef

The Jebao is cheaper so I'm I to expect that I get what I pay for here? I'm not looking to cut corners but if I can save a little, it would be good. I need a good pump that will outperform. any first hand expierience would be greatly appreciated.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard they were almost identical. I have a jebao 12 but haven't installed it yet. You can get them cheaper from fishstreet. I would recommend going with the 12 as size is about the same and can turn down very low. I would think it would last longer running at lower speed. I plan to try them on my 200 build for return and closed loop and keep a spare just in case. For the price it is hard not to give them a try and lots of people like the jebao.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joker... I was checking into fishstreet and cant find the pump with them. do you have a link? I may be looking at the wrong vendor.

Electrotech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just FYI. I was looking into this a little while back. Jebao is the same as the gen 1 waveline pumps. Waveline changed their design and the gen 2 is improved.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just FYI. I was looking into this a little while back. Jebao is the same as the gen 1 waveline pumps. Waveline changed their design and the gen 2 is improved.

can anyone confirm this?

Electrotech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"The Speedline, Diablo, and Jebao DC pumps are controllable DC pumps that look oddly familiar identical to the previous generation of RLSS Waveline pumps, and appeared right when the upgrade of the waveline was announced. Perhaps RLSS is licensing its previous generation DC pumps to these companies, or perhaps the manufacturer for RLSS decided they might as well sell their old pumps to someone else when exclusive distribution rights changed, or perhaps it is something entirely else. What exactly is happening we’re not exactly sure, but it is clear the Speedline, Diablo and Jebao DC pumps are the same as the first generation Waveline pumps."

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both. The only difference I can tell is that the waveline goes in half steps and the jebao doesn't. I went with the wave line for my return and my skimmer. I have a Jebao for my reactors.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be aware that the Jebao 12000 does not have an intake screen of any sort included. It is a 1 1/2" fitting on both the intake and outlet. I found an intake strainer, but the holes are too big and a shelled creature of some sort was able to snake into the pump and freeze up the pump. The pump was not damaged, but it was offline until it was taken apart and the shell was removed.

If anyone has any sort of a suggestion for intake screens on this pump, I am all ears. I still have not put my pump back into service as a result.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the SpeedWave (skimmer) and Waveline (return/manifold). I agree with SloppyJ above…the only real difference I can see is the degree (steps) of adjustments. Both are nearly silent and I love the ramp-up feature. I can’t speak to longevity as I’ve only been at this for a few months. No experience with Jebao.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for providing that link and all the info you gave here as well. but did you notice that the controler is differant in that link... apparently they are now fully controlable as opposed to 6 preset setting. I can not find any vendor that sells this new controler with the dc12000. can you?

I'm also noticing that the wavelines are controlable through the apex which the jebao is not. also huge thing for me is that I will be using these pumps externally and the jebao apparentl leak.... So I'm leaning towards the wavelines for sure but would like the newer controllers with the digital screen. Please advise. Thanks

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the SpeedWave (skimmer) and Waveline (return/manifold). I agree with SloppyJ above…the only real difference I can see is the degree (steps) of adjustments. Both are nearly silent and I love the ramp-up feature. I can’t speak to longevity as I’ve only been at this for a few months. No experience with Jebao.

just wondering do you notice a differance in operational sound between the two? and do you use these internally or external?

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite apples-to-apples because they are different ratings, neither of which is run wide open. Both are run fully submerged. But I will say I really cannot hear either pump running. Sound, or the lack thereof, was important to me given the location of my system.

I will add one thing…if I was going to run them externally, I would go with the Waveline. The threads/connections seem just a little more solid than the SpeedWave. Hard to explain, but it’s just my opinion.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Electrotech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I mentioned I was searching for a DC pump. I ended up not buying one because of the numerous pump failed video/threads/reviews I found. All brands except Royal Exclusive $$$ seem to have issues and common failures. Now the gen 2 wavelines are fairly new and I will wait for the jury before I switch. I ended up getting a Fluval Sea SP4 and I couldn't be happier, dead quiet, and efficient.

Just a comparison the SP4 is 1822GPH at 88W, the also quiet Eheim 1262 is only 910gph and 80W, Sicce Syncra Silent 5.0 is 1300gph and 105W, and a mag 18 is 1800gph but 150W and noisy. So the Fluval is more powerful, more efficient, and less expensive than the eheim, and Sicce, and just as quiet as a DC pump.

The only advantages to the DC I can find is power efficiency (and not by much) the Waveline DC6000 Gen 2 1585gph and 48W, and speed control through apex. Once the mid-level DC pumps become more reliable I may switch over but for now I'm completely happy with my choice. Oh and I added a tee and a ball valve to my return to control flow. I can control on/off and soft start with my apex.

I am by far an opponent of DC or Jebao, I have a Jebao Rw-8 powerhead and it works great so far. I'm just leary of putting one in a critical spot like the heart of the system.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SpeedWave 10000 and Waveline 12000 (again, neither run at full speed) and they have performed great and silently thus far. I was using a SpeedWave 3000 at full speed and it too worked great, only upgraded for more flow. Several of the local club members are using the Jebao pumps and love them. I agree with Ronnie, we usually don't take the time to let people know we are happy with a product!

Back