Measuring??

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which would you trust to be more accurate?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413772253.314454.jpg

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself questioning my measurements sometime as well too. I know Hanna checkers have a line to fill up but still use a 10 mill syringe to measure out which goes above that line. So that leads me to ask at my doing the right thing or not?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find myself questioning my measurements sometime as well too. I know Hanna checkers have a line to fill up but still use a 10 mill syringe to measure out which goes above that line. So that leads me to ask at my doing the right thing or not?

Oh man! You had to go and ruin my faith in my trusty Hannah vials...now I don't know what to do...SMH

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh man! You had to go and ruin my faith in my trusty Hannah vials...now I don't know what to do...SMH
Use the syringe, I called Hanna and they said to use the syringe because they're medical grade and should the most accurate.
I know when I use the syringe it goes a little above the vial line.

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which would you trust to be more accurate?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413772253.314454.jpg
I think both are medical so they'd be the same. Fill the syringe to 5ml and squirt it into the cup to check it.
I'd personally use the syringe if they're the same only because I think it's easier to use for getting and dispensing the water.

Newreef15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use a syringe but both will give you an accurate reading if used correctly

I am using the redsea products right now and they all use a small cup. The cups are lot easier to use when the bottle gets low

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I pour some in the lil cup then draw the proper amount with the syringe-lol. Then I've added a 3" piece of ridged tubing to the syringe. This allows me to add the solution to my power head flow.

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I pour some in the lil cup then draw the proper amount with the syringe-lol. Then I've added a 3" piece of ridged tubing to the syringe. This allows me to add the solution to my power head flow.
Just make sure you account for what's in the tubing if you're looking for accuracy. [emoji6]

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use a syringe but both will give you an accurate reading if used correctly

I am using the redsea products right now and they all use a small cup. The cups are lot easier to use when the bottle gets low
My redsea kit uses 2 different sized syringes? no cups...

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used syringe to get the right measures, put in the supplied cup, mark it with sharpe.... now I have my daily measurement to dose.

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most fail to remember that when going off of a marking on a test tube, the bottom of the curve of water (meniscus) is what you're looking for to be at the line. Maybe not, either way.. the syringe IS more accurate than the cup, but the tube and syringe *should* be equally accurate.

reggaedrummin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if the cup has accurate markings, it's far simpler to see the level in a syringe, however if we're talking about two part dosing, it's not a big deal if you're slightly above or below the line. It's best if you can make the two parts equal but if they are both 4.5 instead of 5 ml, for example, no harm is done

Back