OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted to try them just knowing if the color is crazy or they blow within 30 days amazon will credit me, LOL. I would RATHER hear some reviews first.. but if I bite the bullet you guys will be first to know how it comes out :)

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, They are $10 each direct from the MFG, and they seem to specialize in lighting. The bulbs they offer are 10,14, and 20K. All 3 show as 11,200 lumen and 5000hr life, both of which I'm very skeptic about. 5,000hrs life would be over a year! They do include "UV stop" though, which is interesting since the fixture I have shows non-existent uv stoppage as my transition lenses will turn BLACK under them now, LOL.
r7s1.png
The bulb looks weird to me though.. I suppose UV stop is the white, and the bulb is meant to be installed with the arc facing the reflector? hmm

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the CBConcept bulbs. I'll grab some before/after pics (vs coralife 20K's with about 6-7 months on them). Should be in monday or tuesday :)

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I SHOULD have these in tonight... but so far no delivery from fed-ex. Likely they can't find my house.... again -.-..... If I see red letters and address in-correct from them one more time #!$#%.. ugh that could be another thread on it's own though.
I still plan on before/after comparison picks with and without T5 Marine-glo actinic supplement :)

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iReef86 here ya go!
First 2 are without actinics, last two are with actinic! The color is awesome, and there is a significant brightness improvement over the old bulbs! As long as these hold up to time I've found my bulbs. For <$30 for both, I doubt I'll be using anything else unless these are toast after only a couple months, LOL. I really had my doubts about the color spectrum (per some amazon reviews this had some green) But I only see bright white with a tinge of blue, MAYBE some purple, but the actinic cleans that up.. what little I can make out. These are totally over-powering the T5 that I once could tell a night and day difference between it being off or on. I forgot to grab a before shot.. turned off the lights to let them cool before I grabbed my camera and they didn't want to come back on hot, sorry guys.. I have an older before though (about 2 weeks ago) here - off of my phone vs D7000 for the others unfortunately :( Don't let the limited EV of the phone fool you into thinking pre-swap was brighter, LOL
10382022_10100604075210798_8644253402807652186_o.jpg

1-16-11-001-DSC_6250.jpg
1-16-11-002-DSC_6251.jpg
1-16-11-003-DSC_6252.jpg
1-16-11-004-DSC_6253.jpg

Last edited:

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see green. Definitely white! Thanks for sharing. Keep the updates coming, interested to see how it maintains! Got a PAR meter accessible?

Get that gha under control brotha!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see green. Definitely white! Thanks for sharing. Keep the updates coming, interested to see how it maintains! Got a PAR meter accessible?

Get that gha under control brotha!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I do not, at least, not a submersible one.

Working on that last bit! These bulbs were the last step actually! You should've seen it 2 weeks ago in fact I see I had almost uploaded that one LOL. The "before pic" is from 2 DAYS ago :p *gag* This is after more than half of it is dead and gone! Swapped to a better water source, started carbon dosing, and now the new bulbs for the halides (honestly thinking that was a chunk more of the problem than I thought now!). At first I thought it was normal cycle algae.. until that was over and it was still growing and taking over -.-

Last edited:
Back