T5/led set up

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aquatic life t5 4 bulb fixture . I want my zoa to have more of a glow . I been doing some researching on t5/led setup but haven't had any luck . Does any body know about a good setup ?

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on doing a DIY upgrade adding in a LED stunner strip ??? Or looking to buy a new T5/LED hybrid fixture ???

Cheers, Todd

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can purchase ecoxotic stunner strips and simply mount them as needed on your light fixture. That's one of the easiest DIY LED additions.

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rapid LED has actinic supplement kits that are very inexpensive, and very easy to put together. And you can get changes to the kit just by asking for them. If you want some white LEDs, or you want a longer heat sink, or shorter, they will change that for you at a very reasonable price, too.

Retrofit kits - Actinic Supplement Kits - Rapid LED

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I been checking around to see what's the best choice . Thank you guys for the suggestion .

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alan, sorry for the late response.... lost track of thread. Good advice and options ^above^ to choose from. What exact Aquatic Life fixture do you have ? LED Moonlights model ? Could you post a pic of underside/lamp layout. Looking at the fixtures you may be able to attach a 'Stunner Strip' directly to bottom of fixture for a very clean setup.

Cheers, Todd

Bombertech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know how to solder or have the capacity to learn, just build some "stunner strips" yourself. All you need is 3W leds, aluminum U-channel, a driver or 2, and a 48VDC power supply. Since you already have the lower spectrum, you'd just need 50% 440nm RB's, 40% 470nm B's, and 10% 495nm cyan.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to ^above^ from Bombertech, if you were closer would be happy to help. I'd probably remove LED Moonlights and attach the Stunner Strip/Heatsink using the connection point to the fixture then reinstall the Moonlights along with the new 3w emitters on the aluminum channel/heatsink.

As an example of layout you could do:
RB----B----G--ml--RB----B----RB--ml--G----B----RB

Cheers, Todd

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back