Reefkeeper temp

road8514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am starting to get very upset with digital aquatics. I have a reefkeeper lite. It was purchased used. When I pluged it in have had issues with the itemp probe reading the correct temp therefore triggering the heater incorrectly. After doing so research on different forums and their help forum. I found that you don't want to calibrate the temp and that older itemp probes should be replaced. Ok. No big deal that is part of buying used equipment. But then to find out they have two different types of connections on the itemp probes and I ordered the wrong one. Why do this to users? Just to get more money? So I return and order the correct probe. My understanding from the forums and stuff was don't calibrate the new probes it is set by the factory. So I put the new probe in and it reads 116. Not any where near correct. I let it sit for awhile and nothing. What the heck is the deal. Do I need to calibrate? Do I need a new probe? What the heck? Digital aquatics ?

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hate to tell you this but this is one of the main reasons I sold my RKE. I went through several sets of probes at different times. The units are great but the probes are not very good IMHO.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back